Advice Request What security program does your ISP offer with their services?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

BigWrench

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
I’ve often wondered which security program, if any, my fellow MT users’ ISP offers?
Is it included for free?
Do you use it?
Are you satisfied with it?
If you use it, is it a stripped down version?

Thanks in advance.

My ISP offers F Secure, I use it on an old laptop, but prefer to purchase it for the remaining 5 PCs. Just rewarding them for a quality product. And it is exactly the same as the OEM version.

Peace to all! ✌️

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
My ISP used to offer Norton, now they have “advanced security”. Basically web filtering and infected device monitoring. Probably not a bad combo with Windows Defender or built in Mac security, but I use a 3rd party router (which uses Trend Micro) so I don’t even get the benefit.

M4RT1NE2

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
At one time, my ISP offered for a nominal monthly fee a "Safe Internet" service - F-Secure Safe but in a simplified version.
You couldn't configure it. So install it and enjoy the security.
I was once tempted to get such protection because it had banking protection.
But my adventure did not last long - until the expiration of the service.
Currently nothing is offered.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.