What was your first antivirus?

Sana

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 30, 2015
Mine were from the MS-Dos era. So either someone gave you a floppy with the software or you had a modem and downloaded it from the BBS.

Dr Solomon's Antivirus
F-Prot
Microsoft Antivirus

Sana

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 30, 2015
When we bought our first computer in the family back in 2001, there was Norton AV installed on it. After two years, I switched to AVG free. In 2007, I used panda AV for about 5 years, then Avast for some months, Panda again and then Norton 360 till now. :)
Loved Panda's Web AV scanner, when it was free. Made some good money fixing PC infections :p

D

Deleted member 178

Avast 4
krKjLYK.jpg

Was a noobie about security, listened what people said, installed it, got infected, removed it , never used it anymore, start learning about security , and now here i am ! :D

advantage base

Level 2
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
in 2006-2013 the great PCTOOLS INTERNET SECURITY and counterSpy+ClearCloud dns.
in 2013 symantec discontinud pctools i move to AVG InternetSecurity2013 for 5 month.for 7 month i use ZoneAlarm and i not happy for slowdown.2014 use DrWeb for 3 month but i dont like the interface and scanning time.and 7 month in 2014 up to now I Use Vipre InternetSecurity and i love it

D

Deleted member 2913

My first AV came pre-installed with my first laptop. It was Trend Micro, that time known as something Trend Micro "Penicillin" or something. It was 1 year free.
At that time I was completely novice. After TM expired I tried many but never paid for any AVs i.e free AVs
Over the time I learned a lot & never felt the need to get paid AVs.

melen1717

Level 1
Verified
Feb 12, 2016
Hi...
I started with the trail version of Norton that was included on my new PC and later paid for the up-grade. That was 3 years ago. Then I went to Panda Free for 5 or 6 months and I I've been using Avira Free ever since, an excellent alternative.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.