Which defragmentation software do you use?

Which defragger do you use ?

• Auslogics Disk Defrag

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • IObit Smart Defrag

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • Defraggler

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • Puran Defrag

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • SuperEasy LiveDefrag

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • O&0 Defrag

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Other (please post)

Votes: 35 39.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MalwareT

Thread author
Hey guys, i wanna see which defragger do you use, i'm using Auslogics Disk Defrag,and Smart Defrag :)

technology

Level 7
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
I have tried all defragment program and was always return to diskeeper, really feel the difference in system performance after using it especially faster boot-up,but now im using windows built in Defragment and Optimize Drives and it done its job

Last edited:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thanks all!;) I've actually only used Windows built in for de-fragmenting, yet now, after seeing what everyone has shared (thus far) I shall happily defragment using some of your tried and true favorites!:p
Question: In determining a better defragmenting program, will it work more thoroughly, faster, or is there something more (beyond both of these aspects) which make for a winning choice; and @technology, will you return to diskeeper yet again?o_O

technology

Level 7
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
Thanks all!;) I've actually only used Windows built in for de-fragmenting, yet now, after seeing what everyone has shared (thus far) I shall happily defragment using some of your tried and true favorites!:p
Question: In determining a better defragmenting program, will it work more thoroughly, faster, or is there something more (beyond both of these aspects) which make for a winning choice; and @technology, will you return to diskeeper yet again?o_O
Im happy now with windows built in defragmentation, it is very good btw and not going to change it right now, but that doesn't mean im not waiting the new version of diskeeper to try it :)..

Last edited:
Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
Im using windows build in defrag all 6 month. i didnt feel the need for a extra program when windows can do almost exact the same and is build in for free :)

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Actually, the defragging methodology/technology used by Windows is that of Diskeeper... without the realtime fragmentation prevention.

Right now I am using PerfectDisk and there is really a noticeable boost in performance, especially in boot time. and, a big plus is its OptiWrite technology, really makes the processing, creation, copying, moving, and deleting of files faster. OptiWrite prevents fragmentation, and is also used by Iolo System Mechanic.

software182

Level 12
Verified
Mar 4, 2014
For now, i'm using V-Locity Endpoint
cheers.gif

Mere

Level 2
Verified
Sep 30, 2014
I use mydefrag. I really like this one because it does a better job than windows defrag. It seens to me that my computer runs faster.

hopefully_secure

Level 2
Verified
Jul 18, 2014

toffee

Level 6
Verified
Feb 17, 2013
I've tried Auslogics, O&O, Defraggler, MyDefrag, and UltraDefrag and I have noticed no major boosts in speed or defragmentation over just using the built-in Windows one, assuming you are using Windows 7 or above. The benchmarks I've found indicate little real-world gain over the built-in Windows defrag as well.

http://www.gamingpcbuilder.com/free-disk-defragmenters-tested/

http://www.hofmannc.de/en/windows-7-defragmenter-test/benchmarks.html

Have you ever tried PerfectDisk? Try it!

Mere

Level 2
Verified
Sep 30, 2014
I've tried Auslogics, O&O, Defraggler, MyDefrag, and UltraDefrag and I have noticed no major boosts in speed or defragmentation over just using the built-in Windows one, assuming you are using Windows 7 or above. The benchmarks I've found indicate little real-world gain over the built-in Windows defrag as well.

http://www.gamingpcbuilder.com/free-disk-defragmenters-tested/

http://www.hofmannc.de/en/windows-7-defragmenter-test/benchmarks.html
I am using windows 8.1

Neno

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jan 4, 2012
The only thing you would ever need for defragmentation is windows os own tool. Only evident difference in disk performance is between heavily fragmented drive and defragmented one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.