Which defragmentation software do you use?

Which defragger do you use ?

• Auslogics Disk Defrag

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • IObit Smart Defrag

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • Defraggler

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • Puran Defrag

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • SuperEasy LiveDefrag

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • O&0 Defrag

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Other (please post)

Votes: 35 39.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
i also have used some third party defragmentation tools like auslogics and puran but the only obvious difference between third party software and windows build in tool is that third party software finish defragmentation faster but as performance concerned i didn't notice any real difference. thats why i'm using windows build in tool;).
p.s.: i might give a try to perfectdisk. thanks for the info

Reactions: LabZero

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
for a fast defrag i use Defraggler portable version

for a deep defrag and optimize i use Puran Defrag

and for the bootime/MFT/pagefile defrag if i need it i will use Iobit Smart Defrag 3

so i use 3 defrag programs lol

:)

James

Reactions: tonibalas

Mere

Level 2
Verified
Sep 30, 2014
I just deleted MyDefrag. I went to there website. They haven't had any updates since 2010. I went to Defraggler.

Mere

Level 2
Verified
Sep 30, 2014
for a fast defrag i use Defraggler portable version

for a deep defrag and optimize i use Puran Defrag

and for the bootime/MFT/pagefile defrag if i need it i will use Iobit Smart Defrag 3

so i use 3 defrag programs lol

James
would slow up your system and also cause conflicts?

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
I just deleted MyDefrag. I went to there website. They haven't had any updates since 2010. I went to Defraggler.
If anything, or person (like you!) Is perfect, so no need to change, what you think? :)

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
@Mere

no no conflicts i only run 1 at a time lol

it's just i like the way that Defraggler will do a quick defrag

and i like Puran's optimize defrag

now Defraggler and Puran will do a Boot time defrag but i'v found sometimes thay will
not defrag the MFT/Pagefile and Iobit will

like if a program crashes/freezes on your pc and the pc reboots/or you hard restart
and/or sometimes Microsoft updates can cause the MFT/Pagefile to become fragmented
and you need to do a boot time defrag to fix it

i'v noticed that the MFT/Pagefile become fragmented more on Windows XP to Windows 7
than Windows 8/8.1 with the Microsoft updates

it's also good sometimes to run the "CHKDSK" command before a boot defrag

James

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
My laptop was purchased about jan of this year I have an ASUS Ultrabook, how do I check if my SSD is using TRIM?
Open your Command Prompt (with Admin Rights), then type the command fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify and take a look at the result.

14.jpg

Two results are possible:

• DisableDeleteNotify = 0: This indicates that TRIM is enabled and working on the operating system.
  • DisableDeleteNotify = 1: This means that TRIM is not enabled, and that SSDs will therefor not benefit from it.

Now, please don't hijack this thread, and let the other members talk about "Which defrag program should they use". :Thanks.

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
OTHER: System Mechanic's Free "Defragmenter". It's very fast but still efficient. MyDefrag, is great too, especially at keeping files in proper order.

I also use Defraggler for defragmenting free space and disk checks.

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
I never use other products for this at all, only windows built in defragmentation, this i'll run monthly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.