Which defragmentation software do you use?

Which defragger do you use ?

• Auslogics Disk Defrag

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • IObit Smart Defrag

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • Defraggler

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • Puran Defrag

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • SuperEasy LiveDefrag

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • O&0 Defrag

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Other (please post)

Votes: 35 39.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
I've been using Defraggler for over a year now and I really can't complain. A simple, easy to use program that does it job well. What more can a user ask for? And it's free!

Reactions: Ink and JakeXPMan

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I've been using Defraggler for over a year now and I really can't complain. A simple, easy to use program that does it job well. What more can a user ask for? And it's free!
It's been a very long time since I've used Defraggler, but looks like a lot has changed. I may try it for a few weeks.

upload_2014-10-24_15-42-43.png

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Currently Auslogics Disk Defrag, my aim to use such 3rd party tools is to organize and fix unnecessary fragments not within performance because its not obvious to appear the result.

Reactions: Rebsat

KatyD

Oct 26, 2014
I use Diskeeper 12 and it does such a good job, I often forget it's running. You set it and forget it; gets the job done quietly and efficiently.

Reactions: Terry Ganzi

Rebsat

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Auslogics Disk Defrag is the best among all of them. It gives you the best performance without making any issue ;)

Reactions: Overkill
S

starchild76

Thread author
used Iobit smart defrag for some time , but it is nowhere near the efficiëncy of lets say o&o defrag , auslogics and even defraggler. I am currently using the defragging module in AVG Pc Tuneup and it fids my needs , with no hassle or messing with various settings : as simple as that!

Last edited by a moderator:

Alzie

Level 1
Verified
Well-known
May 3, 2014
windows 7 Built in runs in background all the time never had problem odd time ive checked never needed defragging not sure if 8 onwards works same way

Reactions: starchild76

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
Windows built in tool, buy I'm gonna give Defraggler a try

comfortablynumb15

Level 7
Verified
May 11, 2015
I just use the one built into Windows 7. There are some programs out there that might have some very techie features that may possibly give better results..but there are also a lot more programs out there that have a lot of needless fluff and are heavy on "geek speak" to look better.

Reactions: starchild76
L

LabZero

Thread author
I use O&O defrag pro 17.5 ( giveaway ).
It Is able to offer various modes of operation, such as the Stealth and Space that is attempting to improve performance if you have very little free space and automatically defrag HDD.

Last edited by a moderator:

jerzy601

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
I use disk defragmentation O & O Pro 17.5 is very good and I'm happy with it because it offers various job opportunities.

Reactions: frogboy and LabZero

marzametal

Level 7
Verified
Jun 10, 2014
... no defrag required on an SSD?

Seen a lot of these defrag sites claim they can improve stuff on SSDs, but various independant tests have shown little, to no... and sometimes worse after than before... even with TRIM.

Last edited:
Reactions: frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.