Question Which VPN service would you recommend? Why?

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 55474
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which VPN would you recommend?

• CyberGhost VPN

Votes: 24 7.0%
  • Nord VPN

Votes: 60 17.6%
  • F-Secure Freedome VPN

Votes: 29 8.5%
  • ExpressVPN

Votes: 44 12.9%
  • OkayFreedom VPN

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Hide My Ass VPN

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • PureVPN

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • TorGuard VPN

Votes: 10 2.9%
  • IPVanish VPN

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Other (Specify in thread)

Votes: 153 44.9%

• Total voters

SherKaan

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
I have tried many paid VPN products so far. CyberGhost used to give me very good speeds, but not anymore after they were bought by some Israeli company.

ExpressVPN was so poor that I had to ask for a refund. Extremely slow speeds in my country through almost every server. It was a complete disaster for me.

OkayFreedom was also very good. Nice speeds.

Right now, I'm using Avira Phatom Pro VPN and it's giving me solid speeds. And I am satisfied with it.

lemon

Feb 8, 2018
Freedome VPN from F secure
Fast connection, high speed, no bugs and no leaks
Buy on ebay or so its cheap... no email needed

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I used Windscribe when I didn't want to pay, forcing using a public free server with horrible speed. When I finally decided to invest on a VPN, I tried and paid for two products.

• First, ExpressVPN. Self-claimed the best, most secure and advanced VPN. I really loved it, it was great, I had a server near by and great speeds and security. Anyways, it was very expensive so I looked for an alternative.
  • I then tried NordVPN, and I found it perfect. Very secure, built-in with various security tools, lots of servers, allowed P2P and really good speeds. I purchased an amazing deal for 2 years and saved 75%. And in comparison, I ended up pay 2,9USD per month on a 2yr deal, versus 12USD per month on ExpressVPN.

I really really recommend NordVPN. Both have excellent support and live chat.

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Thread author
I will mention ProtonVPN,
not so many servers yet,
but a rock-solid company & based in Switzerland,
witch is not bad at all.
At the poll, I voted NordVPN:love:

Reactions: Andrew999

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Hi: Bought Nord for my son & tried it on this PC & it takes around 30 seconds to connect to a server, chatted to support & flushed all that can be flushed & much faffing but no better. Anyway, been using Windscribe that for me is the best for Flix & works brilliant on my Sony Android TV & daughters Firestick.
I bought a month ago for fun Perfect Privacy to see how it was, after a recommendation. Although not cheap yesterday l bought a year licence for my 3 PC's, quite brilliant with bells on, really good. Paul

Reactions: frogboy and L0ckJaw

R2D2

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 7, 2017
I've been a long time user of ExpressVPN and bought a Cyberghost subscription. I've been using it for the past 2 days. Colour me impressed.

Reactions: Andrew999

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
You have to generate some income like Nordvpn if you offer cheap licenses. I always found something fishy about NordVPN

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Apr 27, 2018
I've been a long time user of ExpressVPN and bought a Cyberghost subscription. I've been using it for the past 2 days. Colour me impressed.
ExpressVPN have an extremely high amount of 'Virtual' Server locations rather than the servers actually being in those countries. (which i see as lying/misleading)

Maybe a good choice to switch although I don't know too much about CyberGhost.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.