Question Which VPN service would you recommend? Why?

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 55474
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which VPN would you recommend?

• CyberGhost VPN

Votes: 24 7.0%
  • Nord VPN

Votes: 60 17.6%
  • F-Secure Freedome VPN

Votes: 29 8.5%
  • ExpressVPN

Votes: 44 12.9%
  • OkayFreedom VPN

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Hide My Ass VPN

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • PureVPN

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • TorGuard VPN

Votes: 10 2.9%
  • IPVanish VPN

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Other (Specify in thread)

Votes: 153 44.9%

• Total voters

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I recently upgraded my internet connection to Fibre To The premises - At the moment they are balancing & testing the system so getting 220 meg, over the next few weeks I have an option of 380 meg or 550 meg with a Gig available over months - I'm interested in a VPN that's good & can give a high percentage of my original speed? I've not used wireguard, I know Open VPN restricts speed but I've not had a super-fast connection at home before, any advice much appreciated.

Reactions: Protomartyr

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I recently upgraded my internet connection to Fibre To The premises - At the moment they are balancing & testing the system so getting 220 meg, over the next few weeks I have an option of 380 meg or 550 meg with a Gig available over months - I'm interested in a VPN that's good & can give a high percentage of my original speed? I've not used wireguard, I know Open VPN restricts speed but I've not had a super-fast connection at home before, any advice much appreciated.
You probably want wireguard. Mullvad and IVPN offer it. Also you can rent a VPS and set up an algo instance and run the wireguard client on supported devices.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I'm still using Private Internet Access and I haven't got a single complaint. It's a solid product but that's just my own personal opinion. It's been a while since I've tried any other VPN providers so, I may try a few for comparison reasons.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
I'm still using Private Internet Access and I haven't got a single complaint. It's a solid product but that's just my own personal opinion. It's been a while since I've tried any other VPN providers so, I may try a few for comparison reasons.
PIA is good, have no complaints but sadly doesnt bypass Netflix

For Netflix, I have to use NordVPN

Yet to try GeoVPN and Netflix (My GeoVPN is provided by work, so its the enterprise package):

Amvt285

Level 1
Verified
Apr 15, 2016
I've been using IVPN with Wireguard, it's the easiest one I've tried with Wireguard & requires zero configuration to use - It connects in a second & totally stable & I lose just a few meg of 350 meg download -Great product, delighted :):)

In terms of privacy it's very strong but speed and versatility not so much. I do not understand why you can't p2p through their US servers when so many other services find a way to do so? Why can't they unblock streaming sites when they have the technical knowledge? They would be so perfect if they resolve these standard vpn features.

Reactions: dinosaur07

Bonorex

Level 1
Jun 12, 2020
I use 2 VPN services that complement well each other. PureVPN is very fast, I can get almost as fast connections as without any VPN: 190 Mb/s download and 170 Mb/s upload. It's perfect for program downloading and videostreaming, but I can't Access some websites. I don't know why, it seems that those web pages recognize, that I'm using a VPN. On these occasions I use IvacyVPN. It offers more type of connections than PureVPN (UDP, TCP,...), it is a little bit slower, but still pretty fast for all my purposes (110 Mb/s download and 130 Mb/s upload). I got the subscriptions for these two services at very good price: I have a 5 years subscription to PureVPN and a lifetime one for Ivacy.
As I said, these two services work really well together and I'm very satisfied with both!

Reactions: dinosaur07

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I use 2 VPN services that complement well each other. PureVPN is very fast, I can get almost as fast connections as without any VPN: 190 Mb/s download and 170 Mb/s upload. It's perfect for program downloading and videostreaming, but I can't Access some websites. I don't know why, it seems that those web pages recognize, that I'm using a VPN. On these occasions I use IvacyVPN. It offers more type of connections than PureVPN (UDP, TCP,...), it is a little bit slower, but still pretty fast for all my purposes (110 Mb/s download and 130 Mb/s upload). I got the subscriptions for these two services at very good price: I have a 5 years subscription to PureVPN and a lifetime one for Ivacy.
As I said, these two services work really well together and I'm very satisfied with both!

PureVPN and Ivacy VPN are related

Quote from below link

You’d never have known it, but Ivacy is actually operated by the same parent company as PureVPN, a Pakistani organization called Gaditek.

Gaditek was founded by the Gadit family, with Umair Gadit being Gaditek’s current CEO and fellow co-founder Uzair Gadit being the CEO of PureVPN.

After years of rumors online, Ivacy finally admitted to this, although claiming its association with PureVPN is “only minor.”

Unquote

Amvt285

Level 1
Verified
Apr 15, 2016
I am using Vypr VPN, it contains zero logs and based in Switzerland.
Also it has Wireguard protocol.

Almost every aspect of their service has good fundamentals except speed. Servers near me was horribly slow and resolving host issues made me get a refund within 2 days lol. Might be good around the EU area but not the US.

Last edited:

CyberPanther

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
Almost every aspect of their service has good fundamentals except speed. Servers near me was horribly slow and resolving host issues made me get a refund within 2 days lol. Might be good around the EU area but not the US.

I am in Saudi Arabia and the speed is pretty decent.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.