Troubleshoot Windows 10 pro with intel i5 10gen takes like 1 min to shutdown

peterfat11

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
Probably not BT, what you have on the startup? Some program its delaying the shutdown, some time ago I have a similar problem rainmeter delay the shutdown of the laptop. Its probably one program that is causing a delay, can be anything even a program to control RGB from a mouse or keyboard.

You can remove every program of startup, when boot to windows, don't start anything, shutdown and see if the behavior disappear.

View attachment 257236
Here is a picture of startup
1619137258900.png

They may be doing their final patrol within the limited time just before the store closes.;):coffee:

I was guessing the possibility of some kind of utility software such as a function to automatically delete the history at shutdown. I used to use it before, but the shutdown time is considerably extended.
I will check If I have any of that, because I think I have : <
Don't think I have tho
1619137397209.png

Upvote 0

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
I disabled fast start up but it still doesn't seem any fast tho.
If your Laptop has USB type C then this should be helpful try running the Power Troubleshooter.
Run the build in Power troubleshooter by following steps below and let windows to check and fix the problem preventing windows shutdown properly.
  1. Press Windows + I to open settings
  2. Click on Update & security, Then Troubleshoot
  3. Here from the middle panel scroll down and select Power
  4. Run the Power troubleshooter
  5. This will start to diagnose your computer’s power settings and make the correction if needed.
  6. Once the process completes restart your PC and check if this helps.
If the issue persists, here's what you need to know and do:

Microsoft has confirmed that there’s a new bug which will affect your computer shut down process slowly. The bug in the USB Type-C Connector System Software Interface (UCSI) software may cause a 1 minute delay for Windows 10 to shut down.

Note: This bug only affects with Windows shut down, won’t influence normal functionality on your computer. And it will work normally after restarting the system.
The solution for this bug is very simple. Disconnect your USB Type-C devices before you shut down your computer. So this bug won’t affect your shutdown process.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
Disconnect your USB Type-C devices before you shut down your computer. So this bug won’t affect your shutdown process.

Upvote 0

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
You've updated drivers through a software like Driver Booster? You may have a wrong driver installed. Those programs are trash, they will only make a mess in your system.
How hard is it to go you your motherboard's page, download and install drivers/utilities?
Driver Booster works fine for the most part. On occasion, it will install the wrong drivers, but this doesn't happen often. It's much quicker and easier to use software like this, than manually downloading and installing drivers one by one.

Upvote 0

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Are you using hdd for os? Hdd is slow like godly slow for os. I tried virtual machine on my 7200rpm hdd with os installed and it is godly insanely slow for booting up and doing normal stuff. If you are using hdd then get ssd before ssd shortages will hit you hard like computer cpu and gpu parts.

Another thing you can do is clean reinstall windows, download drivers from your pc manufacturer page, and don't use driver booster crap. Reinstall your app one at a time and use them for 1 to 2 days then do it again until you caught a culprit app.

Afaik, Windows will need to close all active apps first then shut down.

Upvote 0

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
Are you using hdd for os? Hdd is slow like godly slow for os. I tried virtual machine on my 7200rpm hdd with os installed and it is godly insanely slow for booting up and doing normal stuff. If you are using hdd then get ssd before ssd shortages will hit you hard like computer cpu and gpu parts.

Another thing you can do is clean reinstall windows, download drivers from your pc manufacturer page, and don't use driver booster crap. Reinstall your app one at a time and use them for 1 to 2 days then do it again until you caught a culprit app.

Post #10

Upvote 0

Brahman

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
When everything else fails and you are at a dead end in trouble shooting windows 10 and you are stuck with a nagging issue, its better to have a fresh start either by re-imaging a good copy or by reinstalling.

Upvote 0

Templarware

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Mar 13, 2021
well... I mean search it up, I found a lot of peoples saying it is safe, so I used it. Also, it got so build in troubleshooters that helped me out a lot, and I normally install drives using device manger(auto update for DB is not enabled) I check what I am downloading, so I think the problem is not drivers.
Safe and recommended are two different things.

Upvote 0

peterfat11

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
If your Laptop has USB type C then this should be helpful try running the Power Troubleshooter.
didn't detect anything tho.

I use ssd for os and apps for hdd

With all the time you've been wasting here, I could already have done a fresh windows installation, followed by propper drivers installation.
I need my computer all day these weeks, there is no time to wait to let it do a fresh boot

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Last edited:
Upvote 1

peterfat11

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
Open Event Viewer
1. Go to Applications And Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows > Diagnostics Performance > Operational
2. Right-click Operational > Filter Current log > Type "200-299" in <All Event IDs> > OK

You should see a list of any existing shutdown logs.

Edit: Why use Driver Booster software on a 10th gen PC (2020)? Did you forget how to update drivers?
Where do I type again?

Upvote 0

peterfat11

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
Also, I tried to give less time to shut down services, and programs does that worK?

1619190568536.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.