Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
A friend said this:
"That is okay, but when you see the link to download and install, that means your device is compatible."

Does that mean that I wouldn't run into problems?
Like @oldschool says. Your device should be capable to run 2004, but you still get the known bugs like the one with the drive optimizer. Why the rush? Build 1909 is still fully supported. I have personally installed it, I want to know what I'm talking about, but for family members and friends I wait till at least the now known bugs are solved. Hopefully, next patch Tuesday.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
If you're having issues with your current installation of Windows 10 you can always try to see if the upgrade to 2004 solves them.
You should always be able to toll back.
2004 is not bad, it just needs a little more time to become as great as 1909.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
This user says he has no issues with Microsoft Photos on 2004:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I know, but the Softpedia article you linked to says different.
You can try to remove the app with O&O AppBuster en then install it again from the store.
Hope that helps.

Last edited:

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Resetting the app also doesn't solve. It randomly crashes after several times of opening and closing several photos.

I've had several issues with this--Photos viewer app. Sometimes, there's a white film over the Live Tile in Start Menu with some kind of notification, it hangs, once it opened and closed very quickly, generating an App Crash error in Event Viewer. I've repaired and reset it, it works for a while, then the issues crop up again.

I've also tried to use the app as a video editor, forget it. It hung and crashed. So, I'm done with it. The 👺 with it.

L

Local Host

I second him, no issues here with Microsoft Photos on 2004.

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
But I have these optional updates, I don't know if I need to download and install them:
1597533770369.png

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I don't think there's a deep connection between the update to 2004 and the photo app issue. My photo app was also temporarily out of order, but luckily it was restored with a reset of the settings and is now working fine (1909).
I repeatedly say the same thing as the past, but the troublesome thing about Win10 is that when a small problem occurs, there are various solutions depending on the environment. You can share the trouble information, but not the solution.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
For me, 2004 is still not available in Windows Update on my main computer. On my wife's laptop there is the message that build 2004 is not yet available for it. On my laptop there is no such message.
But I have these optional updates, I don't know if I need to download and install them:
It probably won't hurt to install them. Although it happens sometimes, it is rare for drivers installed by Windows Update to cause problems.

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
For me, 2004 is still not available in Windows Update on my main computer. On my wife's laptop there is the message that build 2004 is not yet available for it. On my laptop there is no such message.

It probably won't hurt to install them. Although it happens sometimes, it is rare for drivers installed by Windows Update to cause problems.
Thank you very much.
I have Intel i5-6600K CPU 3.50GHz, not Intel Xeon so why Driver updates say Xeon?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.