Deprecated WiseVector Free AI Driven Security

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I highly doubt they would have stopped permanently without notifying the community. They are an smaller company after all who wouldn't want to hurt their reputation, and thus should be given more time to work with.
Yes, but the clock is ticking. Maybe they're satisfied with development of the back door feature, especially. ;):LOL:

Last edited:

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
WiseVector was getting traction in the security industry and high praises in forums/social media it's strange they have kind of disappeared.

You would think they would be active with future plans for paid products, but they're not. Maybe they got a letter/notice from government to shut down?

ScandinavianFish

Level 7
Verified
Dec 12, 2021
Maybe they got a letter/notice from government to shut down?
Maybe they got too much attention, and their government or even competitors saw them as an threat?

The weird thing is, if they were completely shut down, then why are their site still up, why can you still download it, and why is the software still receiving streaming updates?

Last edited:

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
Maybe they got too much attention, and their government or even competitors saw them as an threat?
It's more likely their government stepped in a said cool it and stop offering superb free anti-malware software/technology for free to western markets.

I don't see competitors seeing them as a threat, they are much more likely to buy/invest in the company and take it over than sabotage it.

When something is too successful at stopping malware usually it's bought out by bigger fish and their technology is incorporated into another product.

The problem is where they come from and located in. It's not known for transparency and what the government says is really the final word.

*edit* Forgot to mention it's very close to Lunar New Year 🐰🐰🐰 (Chinese New Year 🇨🇳) and 99% of people/companies/businesses are closed or on skeleton staff for the holidays 🍾🎆🕉️ in the Asia region. It could be that and it's just their down time, but it doesn't look good! Though who knows!

Last edited:

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014

Anthony Qian

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 17, 2021

The weird thing is, if they were completely shut down, then why are their site still up, why can you still download it, and why is the software still receiving streaming updates?
WV seems to have stopped releasing streaming updates for about a week. Rumor has it that WV will release a new product line after CNY holiday.

bobdoe

Level 2
Oct 10, 2020
WV seems to have stopped releasing streaming updates for about a week. Rumor has it that WV will release a new product line after CNY holiday.
Thats what Im seeing... 2023-01-09 17:34:53 is the last update mine that shows.

From what Im reading, the covid situation is out of control in much of China with infection rates being very high... I really hope no one got sick but seems like one possible scenario.

franz

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
May 29, 2021
It's still manageable. At this time, many people in Beijing, where WV is based, have been recovered from Covid and returned to work.
Hospitals across many parts of China now have only one department, the lung department. The hospitals are overcrowded and people are dying, many people 😭

Reactions: Behold Eck

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
No it's not dead :)

Capture d’écran 2023-01-17 192910.png

Capture d’écran 2023-01-17 193039.png

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Yeah- I've been preparing something for someone and can confirm that the database is up to date. As to why an updated version hasn't been yet released I can imagine 3 possibilities, all of which are probably wrong:
1). they've coded it as far as it can go (and it is really, really good in the current form); or
2). they have an updated new nifty version soon to be released which will not be free; or
3). As both Baidu an Alibaba have AV's that totally suck, one of these is in talks with WV for an acquisition (pocket change for them).

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
Hmmm no news is good news I suppose. It's kind of worrying that there really hasn't been an update. It's kind of strange since they were gaining a foothold.

It might end up like CF and be a product admired by security enthusiasts but has ceased further development. Very strange!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.