Not open for further replies.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Firefox does not offer any sandbox technology like Chrome and IE's epm. Why do you use it?
Nikos.., Firefox allows users an enormous selection of well accepted extensions. Sandboxie www.sandboxie.com &, from what I've read on our site here, virtual box https://www.virtualbox.org/ can give the "fox" containment.;)
I moved to it in like September after Chrome messed up on me several times. In my opinion, it's faster than chrome, but very similar to Chrome besides the sandboxing feature
Jcwisgod, Chrome stumbled repeatedly for us too, back in February, and this opened me to trying Comodo Dragon which I find pleasantly quick.:) Firefox's form has remained the browser I've liked most!:D

D

Deleted member 178

Firefox does not offer any sandbox technology like Chrome and IE's epm. Why do you use it?

because we run it into sandboxie :D ; note that Chrome's sandbox is for Flash only; not the whole content of your browsing (unless that changed)

Reactions: Venustus

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
6xppAJf.png

Firefox Nightly x64

My reason for using x64

D

Deleted member 178

forgot about nightly x64; thanks to remind me; will give it a try right now ;)

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
because we run it into sandboxie :D ; note that Chrome's sandbox is for Flash only; not the whole content of your browsing (unless that changed)
I didn't know that, I thought it was for the wholew content. Thanks for the info!
So, if it's like that, we can say that IE 11 is safer than Chrome (without addons that restrict scripts etc, or sandboxie)?

Antimalware18

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
Switched from chrome recently back to Firefox. Mainly because Chrome is slow when starting up on my system plus I noticed some addons not working as good as they could

Plus I simply needed a style change lol:D

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.