Solved Youtube detect UBlock Origin with this : " Adblocker Are Not Allowed On Youtube "

Status
Not open for further replies.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Anyone knows how to get around this? Reinstall Ublock Origin and purge all caches don't seem to fix it for me.
EaseUS_2023_10_14_16_24_15.jpg

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019

Sammo

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2012
I use Tampermonkey with one or both of these scripts:

// ==UserScript==
// @Name youtube popup killer
// @namespace Home | Tampermonkey
// @version 0.3
// @description try to take over the world!
// @author Selbereth
// @match https://*.youtube.com/*
// @icon https://www.google.com/s2/favicons?sz=64&domain=youtube.com
// @Grant none
// ==/UserScript==

(function () {
window.debug = true;
if (debug) console.log("started");
setInterval(() => {
if (!!popupFind()) {
if (debug) console.log("remove popup");
const popup = popupFind()
console.log(popup)
popup.parentNode.removeChild(popup)

if (debug) console.log("resume video");
//pauseFind().click()
if (debug) console.log("done ");
}
}, 1000);
})();

function popupFind() {
return document.querySelector("body > ytd-app > ytd-popup-container");
}
function pauseFind(){

return document.querySelector("#movie_player > div.ytp-chrome-bottom > div.ytp-chrome-controls > div.ytp-left-controls > button");

}

Another script to block detection:

// ==UserScript==
// @Name Anti-adblocker
// @namespace Goodgy | Users | OpenUserJS
// @updateURL https://openuserjs.org/meta/Goodgy/Anti-adblocker.meta.js
// @downloadURL https://openuserjs.org/src/scripts/Goodgy/Anti-adblocker.user.js
// @version 1.1
// @description Removes any notification that tells you to disable adblock.
// @author Goodgy
// @require https://code.jquery.com/jquery-3.1.0.min.js
// @include http*://*deviantart.com/*
// @include http*://*.deviantart.com/*
// @match https://openuserjs.org/?q=anti-adblock
// @Grant none
// ==/UserScript==

(function() {
'use strict';

function remove_banner_deviantart(){
$('div.banner-wrap').hide();
$('div#block-notice').hide();
$('div#elnino-modal').hide();
$('div#modalfade').hide();
}

function start_up(){
var current_link = $(document).attr('URL');

if (current_link.indexOf("deviantart.com") !=-1) {
setInterval(remove_banner_deviantart,1);
}

console.log("Done");
}

// If the window is loaded, start up the bot
$(document).ready(function() {
start_up();
});
})();

Last edited by a moderator:
F

ForgottenSeer 97327

I just checked with uBlockOrigin on Edge and with AdguardMv3 on Chrome and I don't get that popup.

To check whether it was related to the block filters used, I reset uBlockOrigin to default filterlists, and again I did not see the popup.

Maybe this new 'feature' of Youtube is rolled out per region/country or uBO/AG have already solved it?

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
It's a cat and mouse game at this point. Youtube find news ways to block the adblockers and adblockers release new updates to keep evading the YT block.
Both Ublock Origin and Adguard are detected by YT, then a new update is released circumventing it, it works for few hours and then start again....

Last edited:

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Just to let you know (mainly to those who have an Adguard for Desktop license), "Adguard for Desktop" is the least affected of any adblockers with this.
Filter maintainer Yuki also suggested not to use any random filters that people tell you to put in My filters/User filters because some of them are not good filters and will create issues. So it's better to wait for them to fix things.
Haven't seen one myself yet but I see that there are multiple types of popups that the YouTube team is experimenting with, so there's no one easy solution at the moment. It's a work in progress.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
They are slowly rolling this adblock detection to every user, no matter what adblocker you use. I have seen that people using ublock origin managed to block ads by installing adguard, aswell my friend got ads with adguard desktop so none are safe

on twitch.tv i havent seen ads with adguard desktop but with other adblockers/brave i have seen ads, but its simple to use braves script blocker or no script and block them ''ad?'' domains out of the game , not sure if you can do the same thing with youtube

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
They are slowly rolling this adblock detection to every user, no matter what adblocker you use.
Someone suggested that they might be tracking logged users, so obviously they know, who bought Premium, it says: You might be using adblocker. I have seen it 3 times today already. 😫

Attachments

• capture_10152023_230416.jpg
    capture_10152023_230416.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 225

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
They are slowly rolling this adblock detection to every user, no matter what adblocker you use.
Someone suggested that they might be tracking logged users, so obviously they know, who bought Premium, it says: You might be using adblocker. I have seen it 3 times today already.
I don't login or subscribe and I've yet to see this, but I don't watch much on YT.

F

ForgottenSeer 93475

It's very annoying :mad:, but the exit sign work and the video keeps playing, I don't know if they would change this

Screenshot_16.png

The window only appears when I log in to my private channel, I also don't know if Kanoo will change this

Firefox 118.0.2 and uBlock Origin 1.52.2

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Someone suggested that they might be tracking logged users, so obviously they know, who bought Premium, it says: You might be using adblocker. I have seen it 3 times today already. 😫
Yup, I can't watch a single video while I am signed in (doesn't matter if I am using Adguard or Ublock) but when I sign out, the video plays fine.

Edit: They are actually blacklisting accounts and not the other way around (like looking if the account has premium or not). I tried my other google account and videos are playing fine on it so far.

Update: After deleting google and youtube cookies, I can log back in with my account (the one that was getting blocked) and video will play without any issue.

Last edited:

Captain Holly

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 23, 2021
I use Vivaldi with the built-in ad/tracker blocker set to "Block Trackers and Ads". I am thinking this is probably the same level as the "Strict" setting in other browsers with built-in ad blockers. I have been seeing the ad blocker pop-up on the main Youtube page if I click a video there. But I use Youtube for music only, probably 99% of the time. I was watching/listening to music tonight on Youtube Music for about an hour and never saw the adblocker warning, not even once. I don't pay anything for Youtube Music so I really hope the ads thing may only be on the main Youtube page. I also notice I don't see the warning if I click an embedded video on a different web page other than Youtube itself, like when I watch a music video someone posted in the "What song are you listening to now" forum here on MT. I guess time will tell but the almighty Google seems determined to force ads on us one way or the other.

C.H.

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

I use Youtube a lot as free Spottify without ads when surfing. As posted earlier, no add block popup in while surfing from Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Paris or London (four BulletVPN servers I use), so roll out scheme is sort of a mystery to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.