Solved Youtube detect UBlock Origin with this : " Adblocker Are Not Allowed On Youtube "

Status
Not open for further replies.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
For Firefox users only, here is might be another solution as addon: YT Siphon – Get this Extension for 🦊 Firefox (en-US)

YT Siphon is a browser extension that lets you choose to open YouTube videos in alternative frontends. Instead of auto-redirecting, it gives you the power to decide with simple shortcuts. Key Features:
  • Alt+J: Open the current YouTube video in your chosen frontend.
    • Tip: You can customize this shortcut in your browser settings.
  • Shift+Click: While on YouTube, use this to open a video (by clicking on thumbnails / links) in the configured frontend in a new tab.
Perfect for those who like to browse the YouTube homepage and selectively watch videos on alternative frontends. Also handy if someone shares a YouTube link with you and you prefer watching it on a different frontend.

YouTube started cracking down on Ad Blocker usage, so this is my workaround. [...]

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
YouTube has upped the game, the X will display after ~5 secs and the countdown will start only after you switch to the tab. It happens after every song or so, so it is officially annoying.

capture_10172023_125925.jpg

Last edited:

JustInTime

Level 1
Feb 21, 2022
Has anyone here noticed the 5 second delay when opening a YouTube video in a new tab?
Seems to affect non-Chromium browsers (?).

See also here and here.

Possible solution is this filter:
www.youtube.com##+js(nano-stb, resolve(1), *, 0.001)
I am using Firefox and Librewolf but thankfully haven't encountered this issue or adblock warning yet but I use Youtube without login.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
I am on Firefox too, but no delay here, maybe the reason what is mentioned in this article from neowin:
Apparently, the problem does not occur when uBlock Origin is used, so if you are annoyed by the five-second loading of YouTube on Firefox and don't want to use a User Agent swither workaround, you can always use the good ol' uBlock Origin.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
If so, why is the issue reported on uBO Reddit?
I presume they all use it.
I just quoted this article from neowin, they claimed it based on source(s)...
And as already mentioned, my Firefox has no delay on YT (neither when opening videos in new tab) even with uBO Lite 🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.