Bitdefender 2020 Released

AYIZEB

Level 2
Verified
Oct 18, 2016
The issues is that it didn't free ram the when running a game or chrome.
Wich degrade the performance even more then storing the database locally "hard drive/ssd"
in my case, when I have played a game, the bitdefender product went into game mode, and went from consuming 250 mb to consuming 90 mb of ram, in my case.

1589880540388.png

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Hi does anyone know when installing the new 2020 Bitdefender products that half the computer does not need to be uninstalled?Thks

fabiobr

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
I am only saying that they are not going to be a technology leader in the future, like they were in the past. And those who aren't leaders in technology, they always remain in the "good" category, not the "great" category.
Norton/Symantec only got new technologies buying start ups (it was like that to SONAR, Firewall, etc) they stopped buying other companies to acquire technology a lot of time ago, they only don't get old because when they launched these technologies they were step forward from competition and it can handle until nowadays with minor changes.

But that's not new, and these things is still better than a lot of companies, specially for home user. We have to calm down, Norton still has a lot of clients and it is bundle in a lot of PCs (Acer, etc). They have assets.

I actually uninstalled my BD trial because it started creating files in C/Windows/Debug and flagging those as malware, there is also a file called PASSWD.log that got filled with samchangepassworduser2 each time I turn on my laptop. Uninstalling BD just cleared those and PASSWD.log is always empty, maybe BD creating fake warnings to make users think the product is actively protecting them?.

I also suffered with Bitdefender FPs.

fabiobr

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
How does this work? Running a full screen application is usually an indicator for AVs to start the gaming mode. How does other profile mode works for Bitdefender?
Battery mode when the battery is low (postpone updates and other tasks)

Work profile is set here when I open Office apps (Word, Excel, etc) and Adobe apps (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, etc).

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I think they have a known applications list for each profile.
I see. That's good enough. In general I think it's not really a CPU/IO heavy AV something like Windows Defender which suffers from high CPU usage during startup of applications and while doing moderate to heavy tasks. But anyway, the profile concept of Bitdefender sounds nice. Do you keep it turned on? (oops! that's almost a naughty sentence, lol).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.