New Update DefenderUI by VoodooShield - Turn on Hidden Security Features of Microsoft Defender

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
hey @danb

Will it be possible to show a green check mark in the tray if all the components are working well and everything is alright? I'm not using the SecurityHealth systray icon now, which used to show the status. However, after I started using DefenderUI, I disabled it.

This change would make the tray icon much more useful.

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
hey @danb

Will it be possible to show a green check mark in the tray if all the components are working well and everything is alright? I'm not using the SecurityHealth systray icon now, which used to show the status. However, after I started using DefenderUI, I disabled it.

This change would make the tray icon much more useful.
That is a great idea, thank you for the suggestion! As you know, DefenderUI already changes color based on if Microsoft Defender is active or not, but we might be able to add a little icon that provides even more info. I won't have time for a little while, but I will look into it when I can, and see what info we can provide on the icon.

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017

sartic

Level 3
Well-known
Jun 5, 2020
I start to use DUI. I put on recommended and firewall off. Is this enough to be sure that windows firewall will be not on? We use only firewall in our router in all places.

Reactions: Nevi

sartic

Level 3
Well-known
Jun 5, 2020
What do you gain by turning off windows firewall?
This is offt opic now. I am asking is DUI controling disabled Windows Firewall.
I never trusted WF in my experience more problems than... It was needed in age of XP and 2000 and dial up maybe but we use 3rd party software :)

• HaHa
Reactions: Templarware

sartic

Level 3
Well-known
Jun 5, 2020
Less security for that device.
Again off topic. You have illusion that WF is security without extra effort like SimpleWall or something else. And we use our firewall/UTM.
My question was is DUI controlling WF off because we are deploying now WD and DUI who has no money for 360 Enterprise.

sartic

Level 3
Well-known
Jun 5, 2020
I start to use DUI. I put on recommended and firewall off. Is this enough to be sure that windows firewall will be not on? We use only firewall in our router in all places.
I will answer myself. From deployed. DUI does not control WF off in recommended. I am trying now custom profile.

F

ForgottenSeer 103564

Again off topic. You have illusion that WF is security without extra effort like SimpleWall or something else. And we use our firewall/UTM.
My question was is DUI controlling WF off because we are deploying now WD and DUI who has no money for 360 Enterprise.

You are counting on the router firewall to protect all your devices, what will protect them if something comes through. Very much on topic.

No need to be rude.

Last edited by a moderator:

Obsidian Ant

Oct 22, 2023
You are counting on the router firewall to protect all your devices, what will protect them if something comes through. Very much on topic.

No need to be rude, using common sense will protect you more than your cocky attitude.
I don't see this user being cocky. Only seeing you as being offensive to sartic
sartic probably doesn't speak English well.
@sartic, you should just disable WF in Windows settings. It's just easier that way. Like what Ultimate Vision said, you should either keep WF on or use a third party firewall. Not safe to only rely on your modem to do the heavy lifting

Reactions: sartic
F

ForgottenSeer 103564

I don't see this user being cocky. Only seeing you as being offensive to sartic
sartic probably doesn't speak English well.
@sartic, you should just disable WF in Windows settings. It's just easier that way. Like what Ultimate Vision said, you should either keep WF on or use a third party firewall. Not safe to only rely on your modem to do the heavy lifting
Welcome, glad you could join just in time to sit with my edit to post after I realized there was no point in stating how cocky his "I have illusions" was.

Let's be technical shall we, I was being "defensive".

Diverting posts to make others look a certain way while trying to establish yourself looks like another account created by trouble making users.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Applause
Reactions: simmerskool

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
why don't you email support of the developer of DefenderUI? or if you did, what did he say... :unsure:

Reactions: danb and goodjohnjr

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.