Troubleshoot Dell Laptop running extremely slow

MChambers

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 26, 2017
Hi all, I have a Dell Inspiron I3 - 4500U CPU @ 1.70GHz - 400GB ram - 64 bit OS running Window 10 Home..

It takes my computer so long to start and then very long to do anything after that. Opening Firefox, Chrome, emails.. everything takes forever..
I am running Norton through my internet service provider, I have run CCleaner, Spybot... I have 374GB free on my harddrive...

This is driving me crazy..

Please help!!!

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Does this mean that as long as microcode.dat stays in Sys32, it will be activated as long as Win is not reinstalled? :)
Yep. If you use linux, download the appropriate deb(For ubuntu and similar derivatives) from Index of /ubuntu/ubuntu/pool/restricted/i/intel-microcode
Use Gdebi to install them so even for Linux the microcode fixes lot of bugs and improves battery life. For ubuntu 16 after upgrading to latest 4.10 kernel the battery life using Intel only GPU jumped from mere 3-4 hours to 7-8 hrs on skylake system with Intel Speedshift set to balanced power mode coupled w/ latest version of TLP.

Reactions: brambedkar59
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.