New Update Emsisoft Browser Security

Web Extensions
88 Replies 38,236 Views
Thread details
Thanks for the plugin, will give it a try.

@Fabian Wosar Have a look at the screenshot. The link for reporting must be correct called "Diese Seite als gefährlich melden"

emsi.png
 
@Fabian Wosar
R U thinking about adding "download blocked" dialog/text to page block? ... for example url after /
e.g., domain.com/maldom/malware.exe

btw ... toggle off does not turn off Emsisoft extension (for me?). Icon is monochrome... but, malware executable url prompts Website blocked! in Chrome and file is blocked.

Edit: add btw n' example
 
Last edited:
@Fabian Wosar
btw ... toggle off does not turn off Emsisoft extension (for me?). Icon is monochrome... but, malware executable url prompts Website blocked! in Chrome and file is blocked.
That should be fixed now.

will you add search results ratings/warnings in the future builds?
We may. For now we are looking closely at the rollout and make sure the server backend holds up. Once we are certain, we can add more features to the extension.
 
Which version do you use? I just tried again using 2018.12.0.12 and it works as it should in both Chrome and Firefox.
tested in Chrome and my Chrome is 2018.12.0.10

Edit: for me Firefox with 2018.12.0.12 only blocks domains. Domain executable urls are not blocked.
maybe, it's my samples list....e.g.,
4218.png

4217.png
 
Last edited:
Is it intended behaviour to have this pop-up every time I open Firefox, even though I have the extension installed already?

If I do click 'Install now', the add-on page does recognise that the extension is installed ...
 

Attachments

  • 2019-01-05_095025.jpg
    2019-01-05_095025.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 523
Last edited:
Is it intended behaviour to have this pop-up every time I open Firefox, even though I have the extension installed already?

If I do click 'Install now', the add-on page does recognise that the extension is installed ...
I have the EBS extension installed with Firefox v64.0, it is running as expected and I don't see any related pop-up when I launch FF.
 
I have the EBS extension installed with Firefox v64.0, it is running as expected and I don't see any related pop-up when I launch FF.
I do see now if I launch FF twice in succession, I don't see the pop-up. So it's probably one of my other softs or add-ons that's clearing something. But I have it on both my laptops.

Will have to track that down, or figure out how to disable just that notification.
 
Last edited:
I do see now if I launch FF twice in succession, I don't see the pop-up. So it's probably one of my other softs or add-ons that's clearing something. But I have it on both my laptops.

Will have to track that down, or figure out how to disable just that notification.
First see if you can track the issue. If not you can diable the notification under Setting, Notifications, Browser Security verification.

emsisoft browser security.jpg
 
Last edited:

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top