New Update Emsisoft Browser Security

jerzy601

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
interesting addition I hope that it will continue to develop and will meet the requirements of users.
good luck and a happy new year in the further development of this supplement.

vinylmeister

Level 2
Verified
Jan 29, 2015
Thanks for the plugin, will give it a try.

@Fabian Wosar Have a look at the screenshot. The link for reporting must be correct called "Diese Seite als gefährlich melden"

emsi.png

bjm_

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
@Fabian Wosar
R U thinking about adding "download blocked" dialog/text to page block? ... for example url after /
e.g., domain.com/maldom/malware.exe

btw ... toggle off does not turn off Emsisoft extension (for me?). Icon is monochrome... but, malware executable url prompts Website blocked! in Chrome and file is blocked.

Edit: add btw n' example

Last edited:

Fabian Wosar

From Emsisoft
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Jun 29, 2014
@Fabian Wosar
btw ... toggle off does not turn off Emsisoft extension (for me?). Icon is monochrome... but, malware executable url prompts Website blocked! in Chrome and file is blocked.
That should be fixed now.

will you add search results ratings/warnings in the future builds?
We may. For now we are looking closely at the rollout and make sure the server backend holds up. Once we are certain, we can add more features to the extension.

bjm_

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
Which version do you use? I just tried again using 2018.12.0.12 and it works as it should in both Chrome and Firefox.
tested in Chrome and my Chrome is 2018.12.0.10

Edit: for me Firefox with 2018.12.0.12 only blocks domains. Domain executable urls are not blocked.
maybe, it's my samples list....e.g.,
4218.png

4217.png

Last edited:

paulderdash

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Is it intended behaviour to have this pop-up every time I open Firefox, even though I have the extension installed already?

If I do click 'Install now', the add-on page does recognise that the extension is installed ...

Attachments

• 2019-01-05_095025.jpg
    2019-01-05_095025.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 362
Last edited:

Bill K

Level 5
Verified
Jul 25, 2018
Is it intended behaviour to have this pop-up every time I open Firefox, even though I have the extension installed already?

If I do click 'Install now', the add-on page does recognise that the extension is installed ...
I have the EBS extension installed with Firefox v64.0, it is running as expected and I don't see any related pop-up when I launch FF.

paulderdash

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I have the EBS extension installed with Firefox v64.0, it is running as expected and I don't see any related pop-up when I launch FF.
I do see now if I launch FF twice in succession, I don't see the pop-up. So it's probably one of my other softs or add-ons that's clearing something. But I have it on both my laptops.

Will have to track that down, or figure out how to disable just that notification.

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I do see now if I launch FF twice in succession, I don't see the pop-up. So it's probably one of my other softs or add-ons that's clearing something. But I have it on both my laptops.

Will have to track that down, or figure out how to disable just that notification.
First see if you can track the issue. If not you can diable the notification under Setting, Notifications, Browser Security verification.

emsisoft browser security.jpg

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.