From Hard_Configurator Tools
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Euh no I don't understand, VisualBoyAdvance is on disk D: not on C: but I have resolve the issue. Thanks
By the location of the shortcut, I have meant the full path to the .lnk file. This path must be whitelisted if it is non-standard.

Reactions: sypqys

Andy Ful

Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
"D:\Jeux Vidéos\émulateurs\VisualBoyAdvance-1.7.2"
It is not a full path. The full path will be something like that:
D:\Jeux Vidéos\émulateurs\VisualBoyAdvance-1.7.2\myshortcut.lnk

Simply copy the shortcut to your Desktop.

sypqys

Level 3
Apr 18, 2022
It is not a full path. The full path will be something like that:
D:\Jeux Vidéos\émulateurs\VisualBoyAdvance-1.7.2\myshortcut.lnk

Simply copy the shortcut to your Desktop.
"D:\Jeux Vidéo\émulateurs\VisualBoyAdvance-1.7.2\VisualBoyAdvance.exe" on poperties

Andy Ful

Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
"D:\Jeux Vidéo\émulateurs\VisualBoyAdvance-1.7.2\VisualBoyAdvance.exe" on popertie

This is a target path to the file that will be executed. This is not the path of the shortcut.
Use something like that:

Right-click >> Properties

1655640189364.png

Full path = path + name + .lnk = C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Hard_Configurator.lnk

Andy Ful

Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
You could make everything much easier by using <Tools> <Blocked Events / Security Logs>. You have got all blocked paths there, sorted by the time of the blocks.

Andy Ful

Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
How can I protect my NAS from ransomware attacks with H_C ? If it is possible...thx
The H_C can prevent the attack vector which begins on your computer. Other attacks require network protection.

What does it mean "Disable cached logon" ?
And "16 bits" ?

Look into the H_C manual. (y)

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Look into the H_C manual.
I suggest this be your default answer when bombarded with elementary questions like this poster's, most of which are answered in your extensive manual. I believe you are patient to a fault. Reading the manual should be a requirement for members prior to your answering questions, especially noobs.

Last edited:

Andy Ful

Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
I suggest this be your default answer when bombarded with elementary questions like this poster's, most of which are answered in your extensive manual. I believe you are patient to a fault. Reading the manual should be a requirement prior to members asking questions, especially noobs.
I am trying to be patient, especially for non-advanced users. They are very brave when deciding to use H_C. I do not want to be the reason for depression:).
The H_C thread is also an educational thread, about how to use Windows built-in security. The teacher has to be patient (I have several years of teaching experience).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.