Hard_Configurator - Windows Hardening Configurator

malID

Jan 30, 2019
Thank you very much for creating this handy tool! It really saves a lot of reg-editing! However, I had one issue: I am using a desktop shortcut with the target C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe /s /t 0, I added an exception by hash and by path for the target, as well as an exception by path for C:\Windows\User\Desktop\shutdown.exe as well as for the *.ink shortcut on the desktop, but the action remains blocked. How can I properly add the exception to have back my shutdown button on the desktop under Windows 10?

Thank you very much in advance! And good luck with the last polish of the website!

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Thank you very much for creating this handy tool! It really saves a lot of reg-editing! However, I had one issue: I am using a desktop shortcut with the target C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe /s /t 0, I added an exception by hash and by path for the target, as well as an exception by path for C:\Windows\User\Desktop\shutdown.exe as well as for the *.ink shortcut on the desktop, but the action remains blocked. How can I properly add the exception to have back my shutdown button on the desktop under Windows 10?

Thank you very much in advance! And good luck with the last polish of the website!
Thanks for testing H_C. :giggle:
You probably do not use the recommended settings. Check if the option <More SRP ...><Protect Shortcuts> is set to ON. It blocks shortcuts by default, except the Desktop and Start Menu locations. (y)

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I want to try Emsisoft Anti-Malware as AV with Hard_Configurator instead of Windows Defender. What is the best way to do so?
First restore Windows Defaults and after installing EAM loading the WIndows_10_Avast_Hardened_Mode_Aggressive.hdc profile?
Or just use the recommended SRP and restrictions?

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Install EAM. Run H_C to check if it works (it should). Run something from the Download folder with "Run As SmartScreen" (there should not be a problem). You can leave your actual H_C settings.(y)

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
Here are the screenshots of the hard-configurator.com site, which goes online tomorrow. If you have any ideas, please let me know.
So far the site is pretty empty, I know. But I will continue to develop and complete it! I promise!

Many thanks to @Andy Ful and @shmu26!

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto vom 2019-01-31 20-13-58.png
    Bildschirmfoto vom 2019-01-31 20-13-58.png
    108.9 KB · Views: 498
  • Bildschirmfoto vom 2019-01-31 20-14-11.png
    Bildschirmfoto vom 2019-01-31 20-14-11.png
    113.4 KB · Views: 497
  • Bildschirmfoto vom 2019-01-31 20-14-19.png
    Bildschirmfoto vom 2019-01-31 20-14-19.png
    121.9 KB · Views: 493

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Here are the screenshots of the hard-configurator.com site, which goes online tomorrow. If you have any ideas, please let me know.
So far the site is pretty empty, I know. But I will continue to develop and complete it! I promise!

Nice, clean design. Easy to read, and easy on the eyes! (y)

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017

Thank you @askalan for the work.:giggle:
I don't see any error, if I see anything I'll let you know.(y)

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.