Andy Ful
From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Forum Veteran
The shortcut is located too deep in the Start Menu, so it is blocked.Whitelisting the start menu folder for that fixed it for me. All good now.
So - Running H_C Recommended Settings and ConfigureDefender as High the best settings to have? I should really get around to reading the manual about FirewallHardening though I expect what I'm using now will probably suffice.
Erz
The folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu (and its subfolders, too) is not writable for standard processes, so it can be whitelisted.
You could also make it work without whitelisting by moving the shortcut:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\EA\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\Star Wars - The Old Republic.lnk
to:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\EA\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic.lnk
FirewallHardening tool is a kind of post-exploit hardening. It is not needed on Windows 10 with standard system/software updates. Anyway, using <Recommended H_C> outbound firewall block-rules usually do not hurt, so they can be used with H_C Recommended Settings.No I mean if you use H_C at the recommended settings do you still need Firewall Hardening?
Last edited:

