Has Windows 10 already started preloading on your PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Im right now creating a bootable USB to clean install later on, not today for sure, but in some days.

do that! very good option to use, I done something like this and it updates perfectly.

Just use a trusting USB stick, not a broken one lol

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Verified
May 25, 2014
I have no broken USBs here :D

Im already on 10 and have my Keys extracted, there are 2 different ones, but i can test them both.

Reactions: JakeXPMan

Paul Lee

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2014
Getting error 0x80070002 when trying to run setup.exe from the $Windows.BT folder since the "Get Windows 10" app won't let me upgrade for some reason even though the folder has all the necessary files

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
Getting error 0x80070002 when trying to run setup.exe from the $Windows.BT folder since the "Get Windows 10" app won't let me upgrade for some reason even though the folder has all the necessary files
It just means that Microsoft hasn't given the green light for you to upgrade yet as it's rolling out in waves, if you read this whole thread you can find a way to force the update, good luck!

Reactions: Paul Lee

VirusAttak

Level 4
Verified
Aug 31, 2014
Anyone having activation error ? also it is not using my key the one I used to activate windows 8.1 Pro, It's using something 3VV6T ?

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
After a 6 hour download and 100% complete the download window closed and then nothing, anyone got any ideas what to do now. o_O:confused::mad::(

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Windows 10 is the most frustrating OS I have ever had, says it can't activate.

Was working fine until I did a clean install..... I'm just going to give up on it.
I think i will give up also. :(

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
I still with windows 8.1 nothing from wind 10...
but I only read alot of complains :(:(

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
My upgrade went super smooth and I was tempted to do a clean install but after reading all the troubles I am going to wait, all I need is for Emsisoft to get compatible with Windows 10 and I should be good to go.

Reactions: JakeXPMan

trainbus120

Level 10
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
The size of windows installation differs. In my case it is almost 5+ GB. What could be the reason for this variation.

upload_2015-7-30_7-9-10.png

MTUser

Level 4
Verified
Sep 11, 2014
Why everyone have the same keys?

Windows 10 Home - YTMG3-N6DKC-DKB77-7M9GH-8HVX7
Windows 10 Home SL- BT79Q-G7N6G-PGBYW-4YWX6-6F4BT
Windows 10 Pro - VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T
Windows 10 Pro VL-MAK - QJNXR-7D97Q-K7WH4-RYWQ8-6MT6Y

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
So, is there a huge update for Windows 10? It installed three updates, but that's all I get - this is a completely fresh system.

Well none, just that 3GB Windows 10 huge update. :)

Can some one inform me if HP support assistant works on windows 10?

Am currently downloading it 81%.

Yes HP Support Assistant is fully workable in Windows 10.

Phew... that upgrade took for about 4 hours around 10pm to 2am onwards; don't be shock if sometimes stuck on the middle of the process because its purely normal though.

musings4

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 17, 2014
Anyone having activation error ? also it is not using my key the one I used to activate windows 8.1 Pro, It's using something 3VV6T ?
I know this may sound ridiculous but try tapping/clicking on the Activate button until it states that its activated. I tried that method several minutes ago and voila, it worked. The source of the remedy is found in the links below -
http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...or-code-0xc004f034-post297260.html#post297260
http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...ivate-error-code-0xc004f034-4.html#post297338

SherKaan

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
Why everyone have the same keys?

Windows 10 Home - YTMG3-N6DKC-DKB77-7M9GH-8HVX7
Windows 10 Home SL- BT79Q-G7N6G-PGBYW-4YWX6-6F4BT
Windows 10 Pro - VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T
Windows 10 Pro VL-MAK - QJNXR-7D97Q-K7WH4-RYWQ8-6MT6Y

You really are scaring me now. Does anyone know the answer?

NZRADAR

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
Well after just a tad :D frustration and luckydip answers here and there I used the Mediacreationtoolkit and directed it to upgrade this PC and that went completely right:eek: . I did give MS Feedback on my upgrade experience and gave them my suggestions for a better upgrade experience with more predownload error checks ie how does one really know that they need to delete the contents of C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download etc . I would have like MS upgrade to have pre checked for these obstacles and others before it even starts downloading 3 or more gigs. Ultimately I would have liked the preload method to have worked for me and give more accurate feedback as to the stages the upgrade was at . I understand that others have had no problems with the 1st method and think that's great, but for me I would have liked the upgrader to have more user feedback and autofix diagnose problems and a fallback method built into the upgrader that resorts to the Mediacreationtoolkit pathway.

Reactions: frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.