How Did You Come Up With Your Username?

Countryboy_MN

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
May 30, 2013
Hello and thanks for the replies! I wanted to change my MT user name to my Twitter user name Country Boy_MN. It would be easier for MT members to look me up.:) That's about it really. As far as how I got that user name, well it's from a single from Hank Williams Jr. The original title to the song is : A Country Boy Can Survive. It was released in Jan. 1982. It's still one of my favorite songs. ;) So that's it I guess. If an administrator is that ok that DM sometime. Because of the holiday weekend I'll offline till Monday. Have a great weekend all!:)

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
I wanted to register as OldCodger on another forum but it was already taken. I looked on the Italian dictionary and the closest translation is vecchio marpione. But vecchio marpione ( though very close) imply much more in Italian than old codger do, both good and bad.
Have fun to work out how much of this or that I may be from the dictionary translation, which by the way fall short of the meanings of old codger and vecchio marpione.
At 66 years young, a bit of a codger I still am, a bit of marpione too. Then I remembered a mountaineers old song from my homeland, "vecchio scarpone quanto tempo e' passato..."
As now I'm mostly just an old boot he he, VecchioScarpone (OldBoot) was born.

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Thread author
This handle was an old BBS handle from the 1980's a buddy of mine used. I thought it was cool back then. Since I use 100% unique names on every forum and every account and never duplicate, it was what came to my mind when I registered this account.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.