Industry Aggravated Over Another Botched Windows 10 Upgrade

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
I'm talking of your given example whereby the house was broken into. Please read me right. As a house owner if you are not going to secure your house properly then you deserved to be robbed.
most ridiculous and idiotic things i ever heard LOOOOOOL
Where did you forgot your brain ! hahahaha

so with your logic, you meet a girl , you like her, you manage to kiss her , but she gave you a disease, so it is your fault because you didn't launched a battery of tests to check her healthiness LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

itwt

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
My reply is that although the issue was reported by beta testers probably it's far and few and that's why it didn't caught the attention of the decision makers to release the new update.
I am an insider and noticed if say edge crashes or becomes unresponsive, I always see the windows reporting service sending out info with my firewall and also see it spicking in task manager. I do dought the logs are being looked at my a real person.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
It is clearly Microsoft responsibility. But, I do not think that Microsoft could avoid such faults. They have it built into the corporate strategy. They know that it would be extremely hard and expensive to make the updates which could work for all hardware & software, with 10 years backward compatibility. They know that it is less expensive to do what they do and loose some court cases.

If they wanted to push 100% No-Bug Updates then we all here were on the Vista stage. Microsoft simply is copying what Evolution does from billions years. They do not create the perfect thing, but something that should work. Next, some things die and some survive. Survivors are enhanced to fit the customers' needs.

The same is with Microsoft protection. They do not want to create impenetrable security. They simply try to make the attacks not profitable for criminals. So, the best anti-exploit protection is not the WD Exploit Guard, but the Windows Bounty Program (Bounty payouts can range from $500 USD to $250,000 USD).

So what to do? The same thing we do when driving the car. Do not try to be the first.:giggle:
Both parties i.e. MS and users are responsible.. Like I mentioned Win OS is known to have bugs with each release. Your description on MS part is right. However, the user also must play their part too

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Both parties i.e. MS and users are responsible..
the user is responsible since when?!!!
you use a product because you need it and you don't have the choice, you don't have the skill to install anything else, and the said product keep failing, so it is the user fault?!!! come on, stop being hypocrite.

You buy a car with faulty breaks, you die, who is the responsible ? you? come on...

Reactions: Tiny and Andy Ful

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I am an insider and noticed if say edge crashes or becomes unresponsive, I always see the windows reporting service sending out info with my firewall and also see it spicking in task manager. I do dought the logs are being looked at my a real person.
I belive the OS will auto send crash reports to MS. However, there are so many crash reports that are sent to MS that MS will need to categorize the crashes like filtering out the top 3 which usually cause 70% of the problem. After they have solved the top 3 crashes they'll move to the next 3...and so on and so forth from the left side to the right side of the curve. Likely the deleted file issue lies on the extreme right of the curve which might have missed the attention of the decision makers.

This is how the Pareto Analysis works which I'm basing upon.

Reactions: askmark and erreale
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Thread author

so with your logic, you meet a girl , you like her, you manage to kiss her , but she gave you a disease, so it is your fault because you didn't launched a battery of tests to check her healthiness LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

itwt
Lets say you kiss her and shes clean without desease on the first date. But if you touch her more closely on the second one and feel something is hanging under her skirt you didn't know about it, is that equal to Windows which has finished installing updates and user aren't aware of dissapointment and frustration he might encounter using the system later on? :D

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Lets say you kiss her and shes clean without desease on the first date. But if you touch her more closely on the second one and feel something is hanging under her skirt you didn't know about it, is that equal to Windows which has finished installing updates and user aren't aware of dissapointment and frustration he might encounter using the system later on? :D
It is but some guys here seems to be ok with that LOL hahahaha
"it is your fault ! you knew transsexuals exist , blame yourself" LOL

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
giphy.gif

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
i think it overwrites the folders in in user folder. i had duplicates of documents downloads music pictures video folders. All those folders i usually move on another partition.
And btw windows 10 is the most reliable windows os to date
Ahhh! You know what. That happens to me every time I upgrade too. I also have Pictures and Videos mapped to another drive and I have to link them again with each update creating duplicate directories that I need to delete.

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
The complains of Windows customers are truly reasonable and justified. But if one think it over carefully, then all of this looks like the deer complains directed to the wolves. And there are some scientists which seriously think that wolves are necessary.

Thread author
Both parties i.e. MS and users are responsible.. Like I mentioned Win OS is known to have bugs with each release.

Once again, you didn't bother to read that article.

The article points out Microsoft's ineptitude and negligence.

The fact that all software is known to have bugs and problems does not absolve Microsoft of its botched decisions and practices.

You keep making this about users, but the problem being discussed is not one that any user can fix. It cannot be managed.

People here aren't stupid. They understand that all software has bugs and problems. And part of working with software is to effectively deal with the problems that software creates. However, what is being discussed here is an entirely different matter in that the user isn't a part of it and the user certainly isn't expected to deal with it. Now either you don't understand it or you are deliberately being ignorant and boorish.

Thread author
If Microsoft stopped trying to add new features before they can maintain what they already have in a stable manner then they'd be in a much better position. Stop giving me cloud clipboard and fix the issues with the past 50 additions you snuck into my environment from the previous update. Then when it is all working well and reported as stable, look into a new feature...

Microsoft has openly stated that it is going to force-feed users even when those users don't want to be fed. That debate roils on across the decades.

People want stability. They want reliability. They expect what is given them will work.

Looks to me that Windows 10 era is no better than the Windows 7 update days. In fact, if you look at it, today is worse than the W7 era ever was.

E

Eddie Morra

Thread author
People want stability. They want reliability.
That is exactly what I want. I couldn't give a flying monkey about a next-generation cloud clipboard or about how well Cortana is doing. I just want improved stability and control over the pre-installed content from the start, but it will never happen. The more they add, the more bloated everything gets... and they intentionally go out of their way to hard-wire things into Windows, screwing things up when you disable/remove them by force sometimes.

When Windows 10 came out, they were pushing games like Candy Crush and forcing them on people's systems. In fact, they did this up until recently... or maybe they still do it on fresh installations. Behavior like this, it's just weird and stupid.

It's just a total joke.

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014

itwt
Maybe @HarborFront thinks as the below.
You met a bear in the wood, you liked 'him' and tried to give 'him' a pat behind the ears. But 'he' suddenly and unexpectedly throw you out because 'he' smelled the honey behind you.:giggle:
I think that both of you are right, but you would like to shoot the bear and @HarborFront not.

Microsoft does not want to hurt people, but it does not care if 1% will be hurt on the road to the Windows development. Is that ethical? Of course it is not, but the corporations are not humans. They do not think like humans and do not proceed like humans. The 1% of victims can talk with the corporation only in the court.(y)

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
When Windows 10 came out, they were pushing games like Candy Crush and forcing them on people's systems. In fact, they did this up until recently... or maybe they still do it on fresh installations. Behavior like this, it's just weird and stupid.

Their still pushing the installation of those games. When i clean installed 1809 they were in the store downloading without interaction.

That is exactly what I want

I am with you and @Lockdown, i want reliability and stability more than new features.

Thread author
Maybe @HarborFront

Microsoft does not want to hurt people, but it does not care if 1% will be hurt on the road to the Windows development. Is that ethical? Of course it is not, but the corporations are not humans. They do not think like humans and do not proceed like humans. The 1% of victims can talk with the corporation only in the court.(y)

Unfortunately, it is more than 1 %. I do not know the exact percentage number, but I do know in actual practice it is higher than 1 %. Probably somewhere closer to the 5 % range. Given the fact that billions of people use Windows, it is not a trivial number even if it is only 0.1 %.

Thread author
Their still pushing the installation of those games. When i clean installed 1809 they were in the store downloading without interaction.

Believe it or not, but Microsoft puts games and XBOX onto Windows 10 Enterprise and Server 2016. The same stuff you see on Home, enterprise customers see too.

Thread author
Microsoft has product focus groups. They essentially maintain Microsoft's expectations... tell Microsoft what it wants to hear.

And most people are sheeples. They just accept what Microsoft gives them. Heck, they don't even really look beyond using a browser. They just aren't going to go out of their way to tell Microsoft what they really think. And there is the issue of people not being brutally honest when they give feedback.

Well, I can believe my own self-created delusions and lies too if I surround myself with people from the Ministry of Propaganda.

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
Believe it or not, but Microsoft puts games and XBOX onto Windows 10 Enterprise and Server 2016. The same stuff you see on Home, enterprise customers see too.

Really? That's messed up. Why even offer it? Does Microsoft honestly think their going to get admins to play games on a server? Or is it laziness on Microsoft's behalf before pushing the OS out to remove those games and Xbox features?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.