K2021MR1 download

Chipicao

Level 2
May 17, 2020
A good change:

Application services, such as Kaspersky Security Network, licensing and updating, now operate via the secure HTTPS protocol.

Whaatt? They needed to wait to 2021 to change that? To use SSL connections in their software products, licensing?

Very very bad lool... They should use SSL since 2018.

I like Kaspersky, but that sounds ridiculous... For a company like Kaspersky.

Reactions: TRS-80

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Whaatt? They needed to wait to 2021 to change that? To use SSL connections in their software products, licensing?

Well I was wrong; those wore not the latest as seen on the bottom of the page, they implemented that on Dec 5, 2019.
Article ID: 119653, Last review: Dec 5, 2019
These are the latest release notes I could find:
Article ID: 119653, Last review: Jun 15, 2020

superleeds27

Level 6
Verified
Apr 5, 2017

Is it actually using Https://

The updater still shows http:// unless it's a visual thing?

MacDefender

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Oct 13, 2019
Is it actually using Https://

The updater still shows http:// unless it's a visual thing?
KSN and licensing are using HTTPS. Definition updates default to HTTP but there is a checkbox to turn it to HTTPS which is not on by default, presumably to allow local network administrators to cache multiple clients asking for the same updates.

eXDj

Level 12
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
in kaspersky.com only 20.0.14.1085 :( ,harlan4096 it is safe installation, is it the final version you posted?
and when KTS ?

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Yes, I got it from a different site, but if You extract the packed file and then go to setup.exe:

1596315071053.png

Update: probably they got all the files via the online installer and then packed this installer...

Last edited:

eXDj

Level 12
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
me too,i whait release for KTS,but kaspersky delay...whait for windows 2004 h2 to release ?

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
The certificate issues is with the last offline packed installer I just posted ;) but once extracted, the files inside looks legit...

Julian RO

Level 3
Oct 10, 2019
I observed something in KIS 21. When I tried to uninstall it, it gave me an option to switch to the Kaspersky Free version(not Security Cloud Free). I did that, and now I'm on the Free version of Kaspersky, but on the version 21 😗

So I think that, until the 22.0 version which will come on summer 2021, Kaspersky Free will still be supported in some countries(just my opinion) At me, in Romania, is still supported.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.