K2021MR1 download

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
Where did You get EU version? I still can't see it here... also, for which version is that license? does it still follow rule -1/+3?

Download from Kaspersky.com : https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/thank-you/internet-security#download

1597145564897.png

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
EU/UK install with patch (a)
patch (a) has forced with this hack

1. Disable self-protection
2. Close Kaspersky
3. Run regedit and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\KasperskyLab\AVP21.1\environment
4. Edit the key UpdateTarget and set the value to 200
5. Run Kaspersky
6. Re-enable Self-protection
7. Update and restart.

I made some alterations to the hack, copy the original registry value to a txt, do the hack, before restart I just restore the value from origin.

1597147656862.png

tempsnip.jpg

Last edited:

superleeds27

Level 6
Verified
Apr 5, 2017
It's weird how the UK Kaspersky website still doesn't have 21 though?

I guess the UK may have it's own version now due to leaving the EU?

Last edited:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I just encountered a big problem with Kaspersky security cloud free 2021 (no patch)
It never stopped consuming CPU although I did absolutely nothing. The GUI didn't indicate anything -> rebooted the PC -> same issue -> performed an update -> it settled to 0% for 5 mins -> consumed CPU again
I was forced to uninstall it :(

1.PNG

Last edited:

ChristianP

Level 1
May 1, 2020
So the reason why i cannot use KIS 2021 on the same computer i used without any problems KIS 2020, doesn't make any sense to me, have any of you encountered a problem like mine? Maybe my mistake.....
20200811_190841.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: SeriousHoax

superleeds27

Level 6
Verified
Apr 5, 2017
I just encountered a big problem with Kaspersky security cloud free 2021 (no patch)
It never stopped consuming CPU although I did absolutely nothing. The GUI didn't indicate anything -> rebooted the PC -> same issue -> performed an update -> it settled to 0% for 5 mins -> consumed CPU again
I was forced to uninstall it :(

View attachment 245162
Rootkit scan?

fabiobr

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
I don't know whats wrong with them, i installed 2021 version for European Union, when i paste the activation code, they say this activation code its not for this app, the only change was from EU 2020 version of KIS to EU 2021 version of KIS. They dont even have a chat, like Norton, you can just create a support request, and then wait, God knows how much.
They don't have live chat for EU? 😮

ChristianP

Level 1
May 1, 2020
They don't have live chat for EU? 😮
Unfortunetly.....NO! That's sad, a while ago i had a Norton problem, also a license problem, was solved in 10 minutes in direct chat with a guy from Norton, no problem after all, now i have to prove to them that i bought the license before they offer me a solution to my problem, lol, i start to hate it.

ChristianP

Level 1
May 1, 2020
Some Kaspersky rules really annoy me.

I already thought to uninstall it and try another software only because of it.
It's sad, i need to make screenshot or give them proof that indeed I bought the license from them, LOL, i did buy the license from g2a.com, they had good price, from same website i got Bitdefender for my sister, and it's running without any problems, same with the Norton license, no problem, i bought the license from g2a.com, and the guy who sell it he did buy it from kaspersky, i don't have the g2a.com payment confirmation email anymore, i ativated the license, it was working, it was added to mykaspersky account, no problems, until now, i wanted to install the EU 2021 version i wrote them back like 4 hours ago, still no answer, i don't get it why i can't use this license with 2021 version like i can with 2020 or 2019. Funny thing is that the license is working just fine with 2020 version, Global, EU, or Romanian version.

Reactions: oldschool

fabiobr

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
Unfortunetly.....NO! That's sad, a while ago i had a Norton problem, also a license problem, was solved in 10 minutes in direct chat with a guy from Norton, no problem after all, now i have to prove to them that i bought the license before they offer me a solution to my problem, lol, i start to hate it.
Kaspersky lacks an "auto-fix" like Norton.

When Norton backup settings started to close by itself, I click on the Norton system tray "get support", it started the auto-fix, I waited, it says "Problem with install auto-fixed, please restart PC" I did that and the backup thing never closed by itself again.

But here in Brazil Kaspersky has live chat, but I had headaches with that too.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
In case anyone is looking for it, KIS 21 release notes (patch a) and no patch can be found below

Personally I would stick to latest patch of version 20 but that is just me.

Patch A for Kaspersky Internet Security version 21.1.15.500 was released on August 11, 2020.

In patch A we have fixed several Kaspersky Secure Connection issues.

To install the patch:

1. Run the database update for Kaspersky Internet Security. See the Online Help for instructions.
  2. Restart the computer once the updates have been installed.
The patch will be installed. To check if the patches were installed successfully, open the application window and click the Support icon in the lower-left corner. The information about the application version will be available in the window that opens. The version number will have the letter a added.

Info on version 21:
What's new

The following new features and improvements are introduced in Kaspersky Internet Security:

• New mechanism for installing the application extension for the Mozilla Firefox browser.
  • Improved scenario for linking the application’s activation code to a My Kaspersky account: added the connection to My Kaspersky from Support and Licensing windows.
  • The My Kaspersky account registration form now has a step for choosing the user's region. The region is determined automatically based on the operating system settings or the application localization language.
  • Improved scenario for connecting to a My Kaspersky account: the application independently checks if there is a My Kaspersky account associated with the email address and prompts you to connect to My Kaspersky or create a new account.
  • Updated interface for the following components: Reports, Mail Anti-Virus, Web Anti-Virus, Notification Center, Network Attack Blocker, and Quarantine.
  • Added support for personal data processing regulations in the United Kingdom and Brazil, as well as personal data processing regulation for California residents.

ChristianP

Level 1
May 1, 2020
So the reason why i cannot use the KIS 2021 it's because my license it's from an very old version, even if it still has 903 days availability, i cannot use it with 2021 version, only with KIS 2020 or lower, yesterday they offered me a solution if i provide them with proof of payment for the license, bs! Has anyone else encountered this problem before with kaspersky?

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.