Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
you mean 21

if its 20, I am on Patch L
2020-08-15 13_12_26-KIS.png
:

2020-08-15 13_13_02-Window.png

I see no reason to update to version 21 until at least a few patches.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
I usually update early just to be done with it. It should be updated quickly, already in patch a, and it will become Kaspersky's priority for patching anyway:)
and if you look at 21 changelog and patch a, nothing new is really brought to the table. knowing kaspersky patching history in fixing issues, its more of a recommendation to wait a few patches.

Just look in last 2 patches for version 20, there was still bug fixes.

you really going to tell me while they release some fixes for patch l, that version 21 was perfectly fine? Also version 21 was released around same time as patch l, and patch l is still under regional deployment.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
and if you look at 21 changelog and patch a, nothing new is really brought to the table. knowing kaspersky patching history in fixing issues, its more of a recommendation to wait a few patches.

Just look in last 2 patches for version 20, there was still bug fixes.

you really going to tell me while they release some fixes for patch l, that version 21 was perfectly fine? Also version 21 was released around same time as patch l, and patch l is still under regional deployment.

????

I actually agreed with you. I just said I upgrade early to save me the hassle of doing it later and be done with it.

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
K2021MR1 online installers for Spanish Es_Es EU:

KTS: http://dm.kaspersky-labs.com/es-es/pure/21.1.15.500/startup.exe

KIS: http://dm.kaspersky-labs.com/es-es/KIS/21.1.15.500/startup.exe

KAV: http://dm.kaspersky-labs.com/es-es/KAV/21.1.15.500/startup.exe

You may try different languages changing /es-es/ for example with de-de (Deutsche), and so on...

I just updated my KTS2020L manually with it and all went fine, once finished update signatures and reboot to the get Patch a...
did you use the registry tweak to get from patch L to patch a?

i checked on my KIS and theres no option to opt out from software update.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
^why back to 20 ?
as per some posts above, no reason to go version 21 yet until at least a few patches.
Patch L was released after 21 was already available, and in patch L they were still fixing bugs.

Patch 21 doesnt really bring much to the table at this stage and its still early in the patches cycle.

Bryan320

Level 8
Oct 11, 2019
Anyone else experiencing more of a delay with kaspersky web-antivirus when trying to access malicious web pages???? It seems it hangs longer than it normally does... On the flip side i did notice the update process is now faster than ever before.

Reactions: Protomartyr

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.