Kaspersky 365\KAV\KIS\KTS: 17.0.0.225

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hjlbx

As much as I respect Kaspersky, I just cannot bring myself to use KIS on a laptop; power-hog in my experience. I don't think Kaspersky can optimize it any better.

Reactions: SherKaan

SherKaan

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
As much as I respect Kaspersky, I just cannot bring myself to use KIS on a laptop; power-hog in my experience. I don't think Kaspersky can optimize it any better.

I'll also not be buying it in the future. This 2016 version has proved to be the worst release ever.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
I can only speak for KAV 2016. I have yet to see power hog or any issues. Im still tweaking bits and bobs. I do have KIS 2016 on VM ready to test its performance etc.

@hjlbx @Sher care to share why you stated such comments so I can be on the lookout?

H

hjlbx

I can only speak for KAV 2016. I have yet to see power hog or any issues. Im still tweaking bits and bobs. I do have KIS 2016 on VM ready to test its performance etc.

@hjlbx @Sher care to share why you stated such comments so I can be on the lookout?

KIS scans. They drain power. In my experience, KIS is just resource intensive on laptop. Desktop, no problem. Laptop always on\off\reboot - this consumes power. Shutdown is long on my i7 laptop with KIS. Bootup is fast. Reboot is very long.

SherKaan

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
@Inkurax

Like, @hjlbx already mentioned about the intensive scans which drain battery, and I can also confirm the shutdown delay. I am also using a laptop, so it concerns me and affects me at the same time. And this 2016 version is the worst ever release, imo, with all the bugs so far. It never seemed like a proper release to me. Looks beta still.

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
For me its excessive.

I never use 2 AVs however compatible they may be. I dont use so called complementary AV to your main AV too.

When I use to run Comodo, I use to only run Comodo FW with config set to "Internet Security" & FW set to "Dont show alerts" Unchecked. No AV at all. For me Comodo Cloud in CFW was enough.

Quite a few users say "Proactive" config should be used as its provide increased protection. But for me Comodo defaults i.e "Internet Security" config + CFW set to "Dont show alerts" Unchecked provides very strong protection especially in real world scenario.

I would never use any AV with Comodo. If I would want to use one I would use the full CIS Suite i.e with AV.
SecureAPlus is not really active AV protection, because the AV component only notifies, it doesn't block anything from running, or protect against exploits, or do behavior analysis, or anything else you might expect from an AV. Essentially it is just a real-time scanner.
The whitelisting component does block execution of unknown and untrusted files, but as an anti-executable, I don't think it is superfluous when used with Kaspersky. They are doing two different things.
That is, unless you enable TAM in Kaspersky. Then you are doubling down on the same function.

Reactions: harlan4096
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.