Status
Not open for further replies.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I completely forgot to disable KIS 2017 while applying the anniversary update of Windows 10 and the only problem I had was that Kaspersky required my license once after the update. Of course I may just have been very lucky as far as I know...

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
How to buy Kaspersky Secure Connection - installed version 2017 patch (a), based in UK; but cannot find the store to buy KSC??

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
I uninstalled KTS 2016 to make a clean install of 2017 version (17.0.0.611).
All is ok but the VPN seems not to works : my real IP (IPV6) is still available on Vivaldi, Firefox, Edge
(ON - with Germany automatically selected - i'm french - and 0 / 200 MB used)

Does anybody else has the same problem ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 2913
D

Deleted member 2913

I uninstalled KTS 2016 to make a clean install of 2017 version (17.0.0.611).
All is ok but the VPN seems not to works : my real IP (IPV6) is still available on Vivaldi, Firefox, Edge
(ON - with Germany automatically selected - i'm french - and 0 / 200 MB used)

Does anybody else has the same problem ?
I have used KIS 2017 on Win 10 64 Pro Clean Install Anniversary Upgrade.
I use VPN occasionally to unblock blocked websites here in India.
Dont know about IP was visible or not But VPN worked here i.e blocked website opened fine & 1 website had mentioned "you are browsing from Germany".

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
I have used KIS 2017 on Win 10 64 Pro Clean Install Anniversary Upgrade.
I use VPN occasionally to unblock blocked websites here in India.
Dont know about IP was visible or not But VPN worked here i.e blocked website opened fine & 1 website had mentioned "you are browsing from Germany".
Thanks for your answer :)

I just made some test after you answer.
My browser "thinks" I'm From Germany, and with some website that verify my IP, i'am also German with a German IP.
But for some others online tools they detect my real IP, certainly with the methods they use.
So I think I have to dis-activate some stuff on one browser (certainly Firefox) and only use VPN with it :confused:

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Could you help me?
I have w10 home and I want to upgrade to the anniversary version fully reset with everything removed. I have never done this before

I have kis 2017 and zemana. Do I have to disable all of them to get the update to work or just leave them there and the update will remove everything without causing BSOD?

what I should do now to avoid BSOD? a image backup is aready made

edit: I think I will backup settings and uninstall kis 2017a then install it again

Last edited:

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
What you can do :

- Download the ISO and burn it on a dvd rw disk (or bootable USB)
- Re-bootd PC and boot on the DVD-Rom Drive (or bootable USB)
- Made a new install after formatted the Drive where you want to put Windows 10

MediaCreationTool => can help you to simplify all steps

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209

Last edited:
Reactions: Evjl's Rain

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
What you can do :
- Downloaded the ISO and burn it on a dvd rw disk
- Re-booted PC and boot on the DVD-rom Drive.
- Made a new install after formatted the Drive where I want to put Windows 10
can I install over the previous w10 without formatting the drive? I want to preserve the OEM license key from HP (backed up but still afraid of losing it)
I know if I do this it would create windows.old and increases installation time
Does it have the same effect (clean) as formatting the drive?

Reactions: DardiM

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
can I install over the previous w10 without formatting the drive? I want to preserve the OEM license key from HP (backed up but still afraid of losing it)
I know if I do this it would create windows.old and increases installation time
Does it have the same effect (clean) as formatting the drive?
You can do all steps without formating :)
Have you got you licence key in clear ? The way you can re enter it with keyboard if needed ?
When I move from windows 7 to windows 10 I uses a Microsoft account, so for other install, I don't need to re enter the licence key, they remotely now I've register (I choose in the install process the option to not enter a key, and when enter my Microsoft account, it's validated my Windows 10 version)

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
Could you help me?
I have w10 home and I want to upgrade to the anniversary version fully reset with everything removed. I have never done this before

I have kis 2017 and zemana. Do I have to disable all of them to get the update to work or just leave them there and the update will remove everything without causing BSOD?

what I should do now to avoid BSOD? a image backup is aready made

edit: I think I will backup settings and uninstall kis 2017a then install it again
You can make the upgrate choising full reset.
I deactivated none of both software (I use the same tools) but you can.
You will have to contact ZAM support to make them unblock you licence key :)

Reactions: Evjl's Rain

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
You can do all steps without formating :)
Have you got you licence key in clear ? The way you can re enter it with keyboard if needed ?
When I move from windows 7 to windows 10 I use a Microsoft account, so for other install, I don't need to re enter the licence key, they remotely now I've register (I choose in the install process the option to not enter a key, and when enter my Microsoft account, it's validated my Windows 10 version)
I dont fully understand your questions, sorry for my english. I try to answer
I backed up the license key using 2-3 different apps and they all showed the same key so I'm sure it's the correct one. However, my laptop was shipped with w8.0 home and I upgraded to w8.1 used media creation tool to upgrade from 8.0 -> 8.1 -> 10. I backed up the key of w8.1 but it different from the current w10 home key

thank you for your answer. I think I will you media creation tool to install w10AU and let it wipe eveything cuz my w10 is a mess with a few annoying unrepairable bugs

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I deactivated none of both software (I use the same tools) but you can.
You will have to contact ZAM support to make them unblock you licence key :)
I also backed up my ZAM and kaspersky licenses so I think everything would be fine then. Hopefully I won't get 100% disk activity bugs and BSOD

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
I dont fully understand your questions, sorry for my english. I try to answer
I backed up the license key using 2-3 different apps and they all showed the same key so I'm sure it's the correct one. However, my laptop was shipped with w8.0 home and I upgraded to w8.1 used media creation tool to upgrade from 8.0 -> 8.1 -> 10. I backed up the key of w8.1 but it different from the current w10 home key

thank you for your answer. I think I will you media creation tool to install w10AU and let it wipe eveything cuz my w10 is a mess with a few annoying unrepairable bugs
- A key used are replaced by an ID, most of the time. That's why I ask if it was the "clear" licence key.
- For recent windows 10 ISO, you can directly use the original key from Window 7 / 8.
- I you have made the upgrade to windows 10 before July, 29, with a Microsoft account, they remotely know you : reenter the licence key will not be obligatory (just pass this step, they will validate the version with your Microsoft account)

Even if your ZAM licence is backed up, the way they use :
one licence activated => marked as used.
So another attempts to use the same licence key will failed : you have to contact their support to make them unblock the licence (they do it quickly, I've done it 3 times in on month)

(Sorry for by bad English :) )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.