Kaspersky Free Antivirus - Pro's & Con's

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Test it and tell us.
Don't have Win 7 snapshot nor time to set it up and test. I was just wondering if KSC is more or less stable to be used on regular systems than KFA. :emoji_innocent: Everyone says something different, so not sure who to believe. :D So far my only conclusion is that KFA is longer in the development and thus it should be more stable.

Last edited by a moderator:

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Don't have Win 7 snapshot nor time to set it up and test. I was just wondering if KSC is more or less stable to be used on regular systems than KFA. :emoji_innocent: Everyone says something different, so not sure who to believe. :D So far my only conclusion is that KFA is longer in the development and thus it should be more stable.
The same comment I did with you some time ago.Q&A - Kaspersky Security Cloud Free After installation the KSC I can say it is perfect. At windows 8.1.

Last edited:

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
You think US, China not ?? Which country is otherwise ? May be weak but lovely Bhutan...
You gotta be crazy to buy a US product. The only security products you should trust are those outside Russia, China and the Five Eyes (US, Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand). Unfortunately that limits the selection a lot and I'm a hypocrite because I use EAM which is based in NZ and my VPN is based in Canada so the joke is on me. But I will trust them any day over a product that was made in a dictatorship. All you have from Kaspersky is their word, a company founded by an ex KGB agent, and two computer engineers who used to work for Soviet Defense. lol

@Local Host It's not ridiculous when you consider that all computers running Kaspersky could be used in sync as a massive botnet to counter what the US might have in plan with Windows Defender. Because if we are skeptical of Kaspersky, we should also be skeptical of Windows Defender. Both products probably have plenty of backdoors and invisible switches that can be used to collect data and take control over someone's computer.

Reactions: uninfected1
L

Local Host

You gotta be crazy to buy a US product. The only security products you should trust are those outside Russia, China and the Five Eyes (US, Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand). Unfortunately that limits the selection a lot and I'm a hypocrite because I use EAM which is based in NZ and my VPN is based in Canada so the joke is on me. But I will trust them any day over a product that was made in a dictatorship. All you have from Kaspersky is their word, a company founded by an ex KGB agent, and two computer engineers who used to work for Soviet Defense. lol

@Local Host It's not ridiculous when you consider that all computers running Kaspersky could be used in sync as a massive botnet to counter what the US might have in plan with Windows Defender. Because if we are skeptical of Kaspersky, we should also be skeptical of Windows Defender. Both products probably have plenty of backdoors and invisible switches that can be used to collect data and take control over someone's computer.
What makes you think I don't trust Microsoft? Microsoft leads a Cyber Security Division, both Microsoft and Kaspersky are ahead in the fight against Cyber Crime with both their tech and knowledge.

Is the reason why they're both targetted by shady agencies, with scare tactics and false propaganda.

Not to mention, even if you ignore all that, I doubt any government cares about what you do (unless you doing something illegal with national security at risk), they have no use for your data. I have nothing to hide, this is not something that should trouble normal users.

If you all that worried about your data so much, I suggest unplugging from the Internet.

Last edited:
Reactions: jerzy601
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.