Not open for further replies.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Do kaspersky have behaviour blocker nowadays? Going to decide between avast and kaspersky but i already have strong signatures soo im just need of something against newest online threats

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I think it's a different question, script injection to allow "Kaspersky Protection" browser add-on be connected with the application, and the scanning of encrypted connections is a different matter... You may or not disable it, but may affect the protection of some module protection, as indicated in the product if You finally disable it...

Dhruv2193

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 7, 2016
I think it's a different question, script injection to allow "Kaspersky Protection" browser add-on be connected with the application, and the scanning of encrypted connections is a different matter... You may or not disable it, but may affect the protection of some module protection, as indicated in the product if You finally disable it...
Just wanted to know for my general knowledge and usage, if someone has heimdal, then can he disable encrypted connections scanning and script scanning? Does heimdal take care of these?
Thanks

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
As much as I liked it, I had to ditch it. I can't understand why Kaspersky can't fix bloody 5 minute long detection of AV with the Windows Security Center. And their updating process which is still a big failure. Returned back to avast! (as usual). People may throw ##### at avast! guys, but they always fix stuff and they fix it fast compared to everyone else. And their AV is still the only one that updates with perfection each and every time. Especially on my laptop which is started for an hour or two here and there and most AV's just fail to update in that timeframe for some dumb reason and then keep on bitching that they haven't been updated for a long time. avast! on other hand, always updates the moment it gets internet connection, ensuring it's always up to date, even if computer comes online for only 10 minutes here and there. Kaspersky is good at many things, but they really need to up the game with this stuff. Their updater has been like this for years and they don't seem to be bothered to improve it. Heh...

Reactions: Al-Faqir

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
why Kaspersky can't fix bloody 5 minute long detection of AV with the Windows Security Center.
I didn't have such problem.
but they always fix stuff and they fix it fast compared to everyone else
Fast? I think Avast is the only vendor who doesn't care about bugs and stability issues.
that updates with perfection each and every time.
So others don't get any update and avast is the only one who gets updates fast and without any problem?!
when I tried Kaspersky free it was very stable and reliable! you just need to remove that Kaspersky Secure Connection(hotspot shield VPN).
Especially on my laptop which is started for an hour or two here and there and most AV's just fail to update
There is a problem with your laptop or ISP! don't blame AVs for that.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016

Fast? I think Avast is the only vendor who doesn't care about bugs and stability issues.

So others don't get any update and avast is the only one who gets updates fast and without any problem?!
when I tried Kaspersky free it was very stable and reliable! you just need to remove that Kaspersky Secure Connection(hotspot shield VPN).

I have problems with kaspersky update
very frequently, I got the message of the database outdating. Sometimes, the signatures are outdated for 2 days without automatic update
it also has problems with HTTPS websites and there is currently no official patch for it
avast, although it has a lot of bugs but they do listen to users's complains and fix them in the next 1-2 versions update

Last edited:

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016

How is it laptops or ISP's issue if Kaspersky has garbage updating mechanism? Sorry, but it just does. And you sound like absolute fanboy defending every single point like this. I've complained about the issues ages ago and they didn't even bother to acknowledge it. Same nonsense with Bitdefender Free where they simply don't give a damn. Which is why I'm not using them either. They NEVER fix anything you report unless it's breaking it so hard they need to.

Reactions: oldschool

redsworn

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2017
I have problems with kaspersky update
very frequently, I got the message of the database outdating. Sometimes, the signatures are outdated for 2 days without automatic update
it also has problems with HTTPS websites and there is currently no official patch for it
avast, although it has a lot of bugs but they do listen to users's complains and fix them in the next 1-2 versions update
I thought only me who have update problem with Kaspersky.
I've tested it many times. This problem persists both in real machine and VM (fresh and existing).
Have you tried using VPN while updating? I had some luck with this workaround. I don't think its caused by my ISP because any other AVs and security products I've ever tried could update without any problem.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
It's true that some users are getting updating issues (stuck and never finishes -> open Edge browser as a temporal workaround until Patch B to let updating finish), but I'm no getting any of those issues (including the one of Windows Security Center), in any of my K2019 systems (several with KFA2019 and KTS2019), but other users are reporting these issues and that's why there is an upcoming Patch B already in public beta testing... but I'm getting others such as blank window in FireWall -> Network window after enable warning notifications...

Last edited:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I thought only me who have update problem with Kaspersky.
I've tested it many times. This problem persists both in real machine and VM (fresh and existing).
Have you tried using VPN while updating? I had some luck with this workaround. I don't think its caused by my ISP because any other AVs and security products I've ever tried could update without any problem.
the problem is KFA doesn't automatically update. When I click update manually, it works well

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
the problem is KFA doesn't automatically update. When I click update manually, it works well

there is certain problem in updating process for sure. but, till now I haven't faced any problem in auto-update, not even in KFA. Can you provide little bit more info? btw, I'm considering you are using stable version not any technical preview. I tried KIS2020, which takes almost forever to update & it's sluggish even without tracing enabled.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
there is certain problem in updating process for sure. but, till now I haven't faced any problem in auto-update, not even in KFA. Can you provide little bit more info? btw, I'm considering you are using stable version not any technical preview. I tried KIS2020, which takes almost forever to update & it's sluggish even without tracing enabled.
I turned on my laptop and used it for 3-4hrs, it didn't update and showed a popup to require me to click update

I didn't use my laptop for 2 days, when I turned it on and used for 2-3hrs, same thing happened, when I checked its settings it said the database was 2 day old

in other words, KFA 2019 almost never autoupdates when I check the setting

it never happened when I was using KIS2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.