Status
Not open for further replies.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@yitworths: K2020 .318 is the 1st public early beta, still very unstable and generating many dumps, also it comes with Traces and Application & Driver Verification keys enabled (You can deleted them and reboot -> see KL Beta Testing guide), but We should not compare or still talk about K2020 because is still in early beta :)

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
I turned on my laptop and used it for 3-4hrs, it didn't update and showed a popup to require me to click update

I didn't use my laptop for 2 days, when I turned it on and used for 2-3hrs, same things, when I checked its settings it said the database was 2 day old

I'm using KFA in a VM along with cfw. I have updated KFA 13 hours ago. I just opened that VM after reading your comment, I just leave it as it is... just in 5 min KFA starts to update on its own. You may try a clean install of KFA... may be some malformed update has caused this problem. There were certain modules updates which were constantly causing problems in my KIS.

btw use kavremover to uninstall KFA...

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
@yitworths: K2020 .318 is the 1st public early beta, still very unstable and generating many dumps, also it comes with Traces and Application & Driver Verification keys enabled (You can deleted them and reboot -> see KL Beta Testing guide), but We should not compare or still talk about K2020 because is still in early beta :)

I wasn't comparing 2020 with 2019... I just said if he ain't using stable version he may face problem. But actually he is using stable version...

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I'm using KFA in a VM along with cfw. I have updated KFA 13 hours ago. I just opened that VM after reading your comment, I just leave it as it is... just in 5 min KFA starts to update on its own. You may try a clean install of KFA... may be some malformed update has caused this problem. There were certain modules updates which were constantly causing problems in my KIS.
I did3-4 times with iobit uninstaller and everything search engine but I will never touch the kaspersky removal tool because will 100% break windows system restore and it will take a lot of time to fix it
so far I'm also using CF but with immunet (slightly tweaked for better performance). It's x2-3 lighter than KFA (tweaked for best performance) with very good signatures, fully cloud, better than avast or many other AVs, not as good as kaspersky

Last edited:

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
I did3-4 times with iobit uninstaller and everything search engine but I will never touch the kaspersky removal tool because will 100% break windows system restore and it will take a lot of time to fix it
so far I'm also using CF but with immunet (slightly tweaked for better performance). It's x2-3 lighter than KFA (tweaked for best performance) with very good signatures, fully cloud, better than avast or many other AVs, not as good as kaspersky

tbh, all this kinda problem emerged sometimes after the introduction of system watcher,network attack blocker in KFA. My KIS2018(h) used to crash the whole system & sometime changed user rights also. KAspersky should use different stream for different products for update as I've already hinted in another thread. Till now, there is no permanent workaround for problem like yours. btw, you may generate a getsysteminfo report on your system & then go through it carefully, you may find something interesting...

getsysteminfo

Last edited:

Yellowing

Level 5
Verified
Jun 7, 2018
Another con: After installation of KFA (I assume that is Kapersky Free Antivirus) I am no longer able to access coinhive.com :mad:
That is a problem because I use Windscribe and you can mine for upgrades. They use coinhiver miner for that. That no longer works and there is no way to whitelist that. :emoji_sob:
Even after deinstallation of Kasperskys Chrome Extension I still can't access it. It is just impossible! The Program doesn't even have an option to deactivate web-filtering because it is a free version and it's permanently on!

This is like being held hostage until I pay!

Last edited:
Reactions: TairikuOkami

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Another con: After installation of KFA (I assume that is Kapersky Free Antivirus) I am no longer able to access coinhive.com :mad:
That is a problem because I use Windscribe and you can mine for upgrades. They use coinhiver miner for that. That no longer works and there is no way to whitelist that. :emoji_sob:
Even after deinstallation of Kasperskys Chrome Extension I still can't access it. It is just impossible! The Program doesn't even have an option to deactivate web-filtering because it is a free version and it's permanently on!

Wow! Windscribe offers upgrades using you as a mining tool? It's the first time I hear this on a "serious" firm...

Reactions: upnorth

Yellowing

Level 5
Verified
Jun 7, 2018
It is convenient to improve your free account (more GB) and they don't force you. What is the problem? :rolleyes:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016

after you make any change to kaspersky settings especially web component, you must restart your browser because kaspersky probably does something to its injected root certificate
for example, after I disabled my shields, I could not oprn any page in chrome anymore for a brief period, but I restarted chrome and everything was back to normal

so if you want to mine for upgrade, I recommend to disable KFA temporarily for several minutes, restart your browser and then start mining. Not recommend to do anything else. I don't reallly know how to whitelist a website with KFA but I will try to find out

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
It is convenient to improve your free account (more GB) and they don't force you. What is the problem? :rolleyes:
I mean, there is no problem if you directly opt to do it, but I never heard a company using its users to mine for them... It's strange. Do you just mine through the browser or do you need to download a file?

Reactions: oldschool

Yellowing

Level 5
Verified
Jun 7, 2018
after you make any change to kaspersky settings especially web component, you must restart your browser because kaspersky probably does something to its injected root certificate
for example, after I disabled my shields, I could not oprn any page in chrome anymore for a brief period, but I restarted chrome and everything was back to normal

so if you want to mine for upgrade, I recommend to disable KFA temporarily for several minutes, restart your browser and then start mining. Not recommend to do anything else. I don't reallly know how to whitelist a website with KFA but I will try to find out
Oh you are right! If I deactivate it for a minute, close and reopen the browser, then reactivate KFA = it works! But does that mean that other protections are also deactivated until I restart the browser?
Cool, now I can mine again. :)

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Its a browser web page. Here, if you want to mine for me for a minute: Windscribe:ROFLMAO: (No login. It gets attributed to my ID)
Man, holy cricket, HOW DOES THAT MINING LINK WORK? I just tested it and it mined through my AdGuard nocoin filter, through NoCoin and MinerBlock extensions, and through ScriptSafe.

??????????????????????????????????'

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Oh you are right! If I deactivate it for a minute, close and reopen the browser, then reactivate KFA = it works! But does that mean that other protections are also deactivated until I restart the browser?
Cool, now I can mine again. :)
I think only the web shield for https website is effected the rest are fine (file shield, mail shield, web shield for regular http websites)

kaspersky injects certificate only for its ability to work with https websites

Yellowing

Level 5
Verified
Jun 7, 2018
Man, holy cricket, HOW DOES THAT MINING LINK WORK? I just tested it and it mined through my AdGuard nocoin filter, through NoCoin and MinerBlock extensions, and through ScriptSafe.

??????????????????????????????????'
ScriptSafe and uBlock blocked it for me initially. I don't know why doesn't block for you. Please let it run for a while XD
Maybe because you have like four miner blocker at the same time? :ROFLMAO:

Hm... @Evjl's Rain I have to deactivate Kaspersky everytime I reload that page. But its nice that I don't actually need to close Chrome in between.

Last edited:

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
ScriptSafe and uBlock blocked it for me initially. I don't know why doesn't block for you. Please let it run for a while XD
Maybe because you have like four miner blocker at the same time? :ROFLMAO:

Hm... @Evjl's Rain I have to deactivate Kaspersky everytime I reload that page. But its nice that I don't actually need to close Chrome in between.
Hahaha, no I don't have 4 :p

AdGuard failed to catch it so I installed NoCoin, which failed, so I installed other one, and that's how it went :p

Yellowing

Level 5
Verified
Jun 7, 2018
Hahaha, no I don't have 4 :p

AdGuard failed to catch it so I installed NoCoin, which failed, so I installed other one, and that's how it went :p
Haha ok xD
Here, if you want to know in which filter lists coinhive.com can be found:
- Adguard Mobile Filters
- Dan Pollock’s hosts file
- MVPS HOSTS
- Peter Lowe’s Ad and tracking server list
Those are all from uBlock Origins assortment

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Its a browser web page. Here, if you want to mine for me for a minute: Windscribe:ROFLMAO: (No login. It gets attributed to my ID)
Thanks, I was looking for a way to test blocking coin mining and it was blocked by the trio: the browser, uBlock, K9.

Attachments

• capture_07092018_221544.jpg
    capture_07092018_221544.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 507
  • capture_07092018_221638.jpg
    capture_07092018_221638.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 482
  • capture_07092018_221736.jpg
    capture_07092018_221736.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 505
  • capture_07092018_222107.jpg
    capture_07092018_222107.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 484
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.