Eset Internet Security 2019
Avast Internet Security

zkSnark

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 13, 2019
I have been using Kaspersky Internet Security for few years. But recently, Kasepersky has been automatically deleting some crypto apps. I have added these apps to trusted application as well as added to exclusions but still Kaspersky flags them or auto deletes them after few hours. Few days back, I followed @RoboMan 's Light Kaspersky Settings and haven't face such problems yet. But not sure how secure are these settings?

After going through few posts here, I have sorted out my choice of premium security suites for comparison - Emsisoft, Eset and Avast. They were recommended here by most for their security and being lightweight. However, Avast has been flagged for spying too.

Which one out of 4 (Kaspersky using Roboman's settings, Eset, Avast, Emsisoft) is best for lightweight and secure protection?

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
AVs flag almost all crypto apps. This is one of the app that was auto deleted.

Only GUI wallet installation files/folders are auto deleted but not CLI wallet files.
I ran the installer and after installing Emsisoft's Behavior Blocker detected the setup file exe and the main softwares exe and asking me to reboot the device to completely remove the threat.

zkSnark

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 13, 2019
I just tested the program you inked and only two programs detect it as Malicious. BKAV and ESET:

VirusTotal

I would set ESET to ask instead of automatic cleaning and then whitelist it from the detection dialogue.
In VT test, Kaspersky didn't detect it as malicious but on my pc, Kaspersky deleted the files.

I have configured ESET for Normal Cleaning which should have prompt but it deleted automatically.

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
Me I personally like Kaspersky or ESET the best. I do not like Avast because of Spying and dodgy things it has done.

Also when my brother used Avast about a year ago it caused his system to BSOD every time it started, so we had to restore it.

I would probably recommend ESET, it is very light in my opinion too. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.