Make your video test requests!

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
LMT Antimalware was already tested January of this year. It didn't do all that great and you had asked the developer just a few days ago whether it would be something to test again. Are you still planning to do this @Shadowra?

The developer did mention that results would be the same, which is something I don't find particularly encouraging or amusing. But better to have the same result after testing than just talking about it. After all, people are thinking this is an antivirus intended to protect your machine not some halfway solution.

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
LMT Antimalware was already tested January of this year. It didn't do all that great and you had asked the developer just a few days ago whether it would be something to test again. Are you still planning to do this @Shadowra?

The developer did mention that results would be the same, which is something I don't find particularly encouraging or amusing. But better to have the same result after testing than just talking about it. After all, people are thinking this is an antivirus intended to protect your machine not some halfway solution.

LMT is still planned! 😉
I purposely put it off to do F-Secure, Microsoft Defender and Trend, because I want to find out before then. The video will be released early next week

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

The problem with AppGuard is that trial versions are not available...
I was only able to test it once, because I was given a trial license.

Regarding your comment, I have indeed already tested most of the Antivirus, but I always liked to see their progress, or their descent :)
Could you point me to the AppGuard test video please? I missed that one

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Could you point me to the AppGuard test video please? I missed that one

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thank you for jarring my memory. I remember that thread now. it was a good thread.

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
The way things are going the only product left will be either Norton or Norton, should decrease your testing load :):) (thanks for doing the tests, appreciate the time & trouble you take & the high quality of the testing)

franz

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
May 29, 2021
I have to say that for me and probably many others in here, I really want to thank Shadowra for all the help in confirming tests also done by others to either confirm previous results or point out weaknesses that have not been communicated. It becomes easier for me when I have to choose an anti-virus program. So thanks for all the hours you sit and work for all of us Shadowra. 👏

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Does it have to be an antivirus?

How about the free version of Neushield?

Tested quickly... do I really need to make a video on it? :D
Because in anti-ransomware it's really rotten
On the other hand the file restoration works...

Capture d’écran 2022-07-28 001623.png

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Tested quickly... do I really need to make a video on it? :D
Because in anti-ransomware it's really rotten
On the other hand the file restoration works...

if the restoration works, then it sounds like it works like advertise. That’s good for them.

No need for a video. If you don’t
think it’s necessary to make one.

Thank you for your time.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Actually never seen any videos of appcheck from checkmall except against ransomwares

Could you use it as on-demand scanner on videos, if it actually detects anything?

On their site it says:

Cleaner - Malware, Adware, Spyware Removalㆍ Effectively remove Possibly Unwanted Applications(PUP/PUA) such as adware and spywares.

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Actually never seen any videos of appcheck from checkmall except against ransomwares

Could you use it as on-demand scanner on videos, if it actually detects anything?

On their site it says:

Cleaner - Malware, Adware, Spyware Removalㆍ Effectively remove Possibly Unwanted Applications(PUP/PUA) such as adware and spywares.

The ones that will be released have already been shot, however, I can add them in the next ones to analyze :)

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Such a video was posted last week.
Yeah, i know your video...aswell appcheck on youtube recently uploaded new videos ( including another magniber video)

But what i meant was that appcheck had cleaner for malware, pup , spyware...but it appears newest version of appcheck 3.1 does not have cleaner anymore

I was interested how the cleaner would have done against malware pack

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.