Make your video test requests!

F

ForgottenSeer 100397

@Shadowra I kindly request that you test Microsoft Defender and Firewall on Windows 11 or 10, with a preference for 11. Select the "High" Protection Level using ConfigureDefender. Choose the ON option for the "Block executable files from running..." setting in ConfigureDefender. Thank you!
@Shadowra

Please test Comodo with the following setup. Start by testing this first. Then, you can move on to testing the previous request in quotes. Let me know if there are any issues. Thank you!

Product: CIS Beta 2024
Installation: CF Only (Untick AV)

SETTINGS
Configuration:
Proactive Security
TASKS: FIREWALL TASKS - Click Stealth Ports - Click Block Incoming Connections
Firewall Settings: Tick “Do not show popup alerts” and set it to “Block Requests”
HIPS Settings: Disabled
Containment Settings: Untick the first & third options and tick the sixth option set to “Run inside the Container”
Auto-Containment: Double-click the last/bottom rule. Set “Action” to “Run Restricted”. OPTIONS - Check that “Set Restriction Level” is set to “Partially Limited”. Click OK
Auto-Containment: Click Add. Set “Action” to “Block”. Click Edit. File location: Click Browse-FileGroups-AllApplications. File rating: Select “Unrecognized”. File age: Select “Less Than 3 days”. Click OK. Click OK. Click OK. The created rule will be on the top. Tick it and Click “Move Down” until the rule is placed as the second-last rule, i.e., above the last/bottom rule. Click OK

[This is a Restricted setup with (no containment). Most apps run well with the default "Partially Limited" restriction. Comodo’s primary security was Partially Limited before it had containment. I customized the setup a little. Overall, I’m interested to see how it performs against modern malware. The setup could provide excellent protection and usability when paired with an antivirus (Comodo AV is weak) in a real-world scenario.]

The setup’s core is…
1. Block unrecognized files that are less than 3 days old.
2. Run unrecognized files that are 3 days or older in a restricted, partially limited mode.
3. Block connection requests for unrecognized files.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

ForgottenSeer 100397

@Shadowra

Please test Comodo with the following setup. Start by testing this first. Then, you can move on to testing the previous request in quotes. Let me know if there are any issues. Thank you!

Product: CIS Beta 2024
Installation: CF Only (Untick AV)

SETTINGS
Configuration:
Proactive Security
TASKS: FIREWALL TASKS - Click Stealth Ports - Click Block Incoming Connections
Firewall Settings: Tick “Do not show popup alerts” and set it to “Block Requests”
HIPS Settings: Disabled
Containment Settings: Untick the first & third options and tick the sixth option set to “Run inside the Container”
Auto-Containment: Double-click the last/bottom rule. Set “Action” to “Run Restricted”. OPTIONS - Check that “Set Restriction Level” is set to “Partially Limited”. Click OK
Auto-Containment: Click Add. Set “Action” to “Block”. Click Edit. File location: Click Browse-FileGroups-AllApplications. File rating: Select “Unrecognized”. File age: Select “Less Than 3 days”. Click OK. Click OK. Click OK. The created rule will be on the top. Tick it and Click “Move Down” until the rule is placed as the second-last rule, i.e., above the last/bottom rule. Click OK

[This is a Restricted setup with (no containment). Most apps run well with the default "Partially Limited" restriction. Comodo’s primary security was Partially Limited before it had containment. I customized the setup a little. Overall, I’m interested to see how it performs against modern malware. The setup could provide excellent protection and usability when paired with an antivirus (Comodo AV is weak) in a real-world scenario.]

The setup’s core is…
1. Block unrecognized files that are less than 3 days old.
2. Run unrecognized files that are 3 days or older in a restricted, partially limited mode.
3. Block connection requests for unrecognized files.
@Shadowra, If you have any confusion with the settings provided, just let me know here or send me a private message. Thank you!

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello :)

Well, I'll let you know how it goes!
My life is still pretty busy, medical appointments and work follow one another (especially since I've been diagnosed with a new disability... )

Of course, I'm not giving up the videos! I'll be making 1 video a week, I think, to keep you all happy and so that I can enjoy my life/my appointments too.

As for the intro, it's finished! I finished it this morning :D (Vegas Pro / AfterEffect)

It will be on the new video ;)

See you on September 25 for the release of the new video ;) (probably Comodo or other AV, haven't decided yet ^^ )

Enjoy!

Shadowra

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Hello :)

Well, I'll let you know how it goes!
My life is still pretty busy, medical appointments and work follow one another (especially since I've been diagnosed with a new disability... )

Of course, I'm not giving up the videos! I'll be making 1 video a week, I think, to keep you all happy and so that I can enjoy my life/my appointments too.

As for the intro, it's finished! I finished it this morning :D (Vegas Pro / AfterEffect)

It will be on the new video ;)

See you on September 25 for the release of the new video ;) (probably Comodo or other AV, haven't decided yet ^^ )

Enjoy!

Shadowra
Hospital visits alone take a toll on mental health even if a person is physically fit. Wishing you good health.

Test Request: Kaspersky Free on Default settings vs on everything set on Low (File AV, Web AV, etc.)

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Low sensibility ?
Yes, I wanna know how much difference that makes in terms of protection between "Optimal" and "Low".
1695233171896.png
1695233295274.png
1695233310958.png

F

ForgottenSeer 103564

I want to watch Eset if you would please. Please enable the following.
Enable HIPS
Enable Self-Defense
Enable Protected Service
Enable Advanced memory scanner
Enable Exploit Blocker
Enable Deep Behavioral Inspection
Enable Ransomware shield

Place HIPS in Learning mode for a day or so before running the test then please set it to "Policy-Based Mode"

Please place the scanners in "Advanced Heuristics/DNA Signatures.

Make Sure Firewall/ IDS/Botnet protections are enabled.

Enable Brute-force attack protection found in Network attack protection section.

Then for fun, you could also place Realtime & Machine Learning Protection all in "Aggressive Mode".

Anything else you think you could tweak to make this a challenge past the little tweaks i have mentioned would im sure be, entertaining ;)

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
I am taking note of your requests :) Symantec Endpoint and eScan have been tested, upload soon. There may be some delay in processing the requests, I apologize for that, but I'm doing my best :)

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I am taking note of your requests :) Symantec Endpoint and eScan have been tested, upload soon. There may be some delay in processing the requests, I apologize for that, but I'm doing my best :)
Just do it in your own time, no need to rush and certainly no need to apologize.
Thank you for all the testing you do, much appreciated 👏

Jonny Quest

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Just do it in your own time, no need to rush and certainly no need to apologize.
Thank you for all the testing you do, much appreciated 👏
Thank you. I took my laugh emoticon off of one members 6 request post which was then followed up by 4 more. Not sure if they saw this, but I just don't want to run Shadowra into the ground, and yet it may be a little therapy to keep the mind busy?

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
As I write these lines, I'm in the process of finishing the Padvish test (I don't remember if it was requested... ) , I've never seen such a bad antivirus...
I even hesitate to release the video before September 25... :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.