Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
I couldn't find it here.

Unfortunately, "Drop" is not enabled by default currently, rather we have to enable it manually first via edge://flags and after that via edge://settings/appearance
Please check my screenshots below:

edge #1.png edge #2.png

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

Microsoft brings Split Screen to all Edge users in the Stable channel​

You can enable Split Screen in Microsoft Edge 110.0.1587.46 and newer. Although the feature is available for use, it still requires turning on an experimental flag. Therefore, expect to spot rough surfaces or bugs before Microsoft enables Split Screen by default. For example, clicking the Split Screen button on the toolbar leaves the tab in focus open and closes the other. Another bug is that the browser does not retain tab pairs when you close it.

According to the Microsoft 365 Roadmap, Split Screen in Edge should hit general availability (GA) in April 2023, so the company still has time to polish the feature and iron out bugs.

How to enable Split Screen in Microsoft Edge Stable?​

1. Update the browser to the latest version by navigating to edge://settings/help.
  2. Open edge://flags and search for the Microsoft Edge Split Screen flag.
  3. Set the flag to Enabled.
  4. Restart the browser.
  5. Click the Split Screen button on the toolbar and select the tabs you want to keep side-by-side. You can also launch Edge Split Screen by right-clicking a link and selecting Open link in split window.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I first setup Netflix for 720p and didn't like the resolution and upgraded the plan to 1080p. I could see the difference on all of my browsers. Also by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Shift + D
Interesting, just had time to check it out in Chrome and it plays Netflix in 1080p now. Still 720 in Firefox, which is where I would want to move.

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I just noticed this addition after a recent update:

Personalization & advertising

Allow Microsoft to use your browsing activity including history, favorites, usage and other browsing data to personalize Microsoft Edge and Microsoft services like ads, search, shopping and news
To reset this data turn this setting off. Manage additional advertising settings on the Microsoft privacy dashboard
It appears to be a duplicate of one of the Privacy and Security optional settings.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I know for sure that Firefox plays Amazon Prime at 1080p
Yes, I don’t think they use the same DRM as Netflix. Not sure what other services are like on Firefox. For me the only other thing would be Peacock for the Premier League, and their streams kind of suck no matter which browser is used.

Reactions: Sammo

czesetfan

Level 3
Dec 3, 2021
Have you noticed Edge opening slowly when launching InPrivate? If InPrivate is the first launch, not from an already open normal edge window. :unsure:

Sammo

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2012
Impossible, we all know only Edge can do above 720p and up to 4K, Chrome and the rest up to 720p only
No. Prime shows 1080p in Firefox and Chrome and the resolution is unmistakable. Here is a screen cap in Chrome:
Prime-1.jpg

And Firefox:
Prime-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Impossible, we all know only Edge can do above 720p and up to 4K, Chrome and the rest up to 720p only
That’s only for Netflix, and apparently Chrome now does 1080p for Netflix as well, I verified it on my pc. Amazon is 1080 on all browsers.

Reactions: Sammo

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.