Not open for further replies.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
FOUND (4th)!

Yes, I've found another source of problems in ScriptSafe!

Problem:
In Chrome (Chrome forks) the commands in Post Reply window don't react.
With ScriptSafe enabled.

Solution:
In ScriptSafe Options, Whitelist malwaretips.com under (always notched)
"Prevent Clipboard Interference"
- so Font Size works, bolding works, Underline etc, all commands works.
With ScriptSafe enabled.

If You're fan of my "FOUND" 1-4 posts, try these posts in this same topic:

1: Post #249
2: Post #273
3: Post #279
4: Post #309 (this one)

- posted on Cent (Chrome fork).
I disabled ALL my extensions still I cannot post from my tablets in Chrome and FF Quantum

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I'm sorry but you misunderstood me, I wasn't taking about colors, but rather about the space, here's what I mean:
It's that space that I highlighted in red.
Try it now, I've removed that space, however it's impossible to align them without leaving any space since they have different lengths.
I disabled ALL my extensions still I cannot post from my tablets in Chrome and FF Quantum
That's strange, I've tried the site on lot of devices and I cannot reproduce this issue. Are you sure it's not a setting within your device? It seems like something is blocking the scripts from loading...

I prefer the top one for sure.
That's the black one right?

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Try it now, I've removed that space, however it's impossible to align them without leaving any space since they have different lengths.

That's strange, I've tried the site on lot of devices and I cannot reproduce this issue. Are you sure it's not a setting within your device? It seems like something is blocking the scripts from loading...

That's the black one right?
Yes correct I looks best to me.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
That's strange, I've tried the site on lot of devices and I cannot reproduce this issue. Are you sure it's not a setting within your device? It seems like something is blocking the scripts from loading

This issue was reported to you sometime back with photos attached. I have still not reformat my 2x MS tablets to install RS4 because of its delay and I'm also very busy these few days.

In fact, I have tried on a public PC and it works.

So all these while I'm posting from my handphone. Now I cannot edit a post because of the missing 3 dots

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Guys, what color do you like more for the header - this gradient cyan color or a black style color. The colors of these 2 layout are also different, basically with the black header we can use more vibrant colors in the content area.

1. View attachment 188277

2. View attachment 188278
Thanks Jack for asking!

I'd prefer black 3.jpg, but with our blue icon and capital letters at the top, like on Midnight black theme.
Header on 3D would be welcomed, 3D for all colored icons too.

In the black theme, visually, with icon, top image would be more symmetrical, balanced, with this new nice blue button at the right.

Last edited:

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
There was one color in the header before the gradient cyan color, more blue all over and simply amazing IMO. Sad it didn't stay for long so more people could have seen it.
Is this the one?
123.jpg

D

Deleted member 65228

I don't agree with Opcode whom I consider highly, on his first point, the others are good, he may feel uncomfortable with the judgment and I can relate but to me it is what makes this forum unique, it is a simple way of showing the poster at least your basic feeling on their thinking, please don't take that away
I don't think the Like feature should be removed, and my opinion is the same as yours on that... it makes the forum better and reduces excessive "Thanks for that" (not to mention that in PMs it can be used as a "I read that"). :p

What I was trying to say was maybe there could be a setting which once enabled will show a toggle switch button placed towards the bottom near the footer or the side menu (so it can be enabled/disabled with minimum clicks). When the toggle button is set to ON, the Like button along with the Like statistics on posts on the threads will have become hidden, and when the toggle is changed back to OFF, they are no longer hidden... for the current user.

That way, no members would see the switch on the forum design unless they went into the main settings and enabled it (to prevent distracting or irritating users who wouldn't care less) and only those who opt-in and enable the setting as well as the switch visible after will have the Like statistics and Like button made invisible.

In other words, the ability to hide the Like statistics and button for the member deciding only. This way it affects no one else, only the member enabling the feature.

I doubt many people would use such a feature so it probably isn't of interest to be added but its the taking part that counts :)

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
Same problem here on my Android smartphone with Chrome.
I can't edit my posts because the "edit" button is missing.
I've deleted the browser cache, javascript is enabled and, also disabling Adguard, the problem persists.

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
It should be there though. I've analyzed your permissions &@HarborFront's, and you both should be able to edit the posts. I've even tested this with a dummy account, and it's there.
View attachment 188282
We've talking about the Edit button within the post right?
Yes and I am using the default MT theme now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.