News from Wilders SecureAPlus FreemiumThis is really great SecureAPlus Lite may become my main AV
I think Lite can be great for most of home users, it has all the basic features:
- AI-powered scanner
- application control & whitelisting
- cloud-based multi-engine scanner
- Create your central whitelists and approve whitelist requests
- Receive email notification when a machine gets infected
- Password protected settings
- Customize trusted users/groups
- Customize detection features by changing application whitelisting modes and SecureAge APEX sensitivity
- Add and remove policies to different users/groups
- Gain access to command line rules, configure the process protector, USB storage whitelisting and more
- Add-on optional offline anti-virus powered by Avira
@harlan4096News from Wilders SecureAPlus Freemium
The real time component for the Lite version:
- Application Whitelisting
- APEX (low sensitivity only)
You still can use UAV (Universal AV) for Full System Scan, but not for real-time scanning
So, it's the condition @harlan4096 uses in his tests
If I'm understanding the launch details correctly, what looked like a good deal @ old Premium price of 19.99/yr. will now be 29.99/yr. Still reasonable but an increase nonetheless. Or one could order now for the pre-launch special. Is this the new "must have" security solution?Hello!
New License Plan:
Freemium License - Essentials License (USD19.99)
Perpetual Freemium License - 3-Years Pro License (USD54.00) then switch to Lite / Free
It seems to me, or is it not very honest? Why not without 3-Years Pro License, but with Perpetual Essentials?
If offline AV is not installed, it will not register as antivirus in Windows Security Center.Does SecureAPlus register as antivirus in Windows Security Center if offline AV is not installed?
Yes, I agree. I was most likely going to use it until I found out about these changes.They basically murdered the free version with these changes. There is literally no point in using it now as it's so... lacking.
I respectfully don't agreeThey basically murdered the free version with these changes. There is literally no point in using it now as it's so... lacking.
@sap, What about using the "Register as antivirus" option?If offline AV is not installed, it will not register as antivirus in Windows Security Center.
By default SecureAPlus comes with APEX as the offline AV. If you turn off the real-time scanning, it will be unregistered as antivirus from Windows Security Center.
Yes, I know Universial AV is not realtime, I was more thinking of using APEX as a companion for another AV by using the slider Register as antivirus to off.In the Lite version you won't have the Universal AV in realtime, so in my opinion APEX should be used in realtime, thus SAP will register in Windows Security Center