SecureAPlus Freemium - Updates

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I'm testing SAP with APEX + WhiteListing + Universal AV Real-Time Disabled, I did not install any offline AV -> APEX performs this working, so Yes:

1568960232609.png
If I disable APEX Real-Time, then I get a warning from Windows Security...

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
This is really great :) SecureAPlus Lite may become my main AV :)
I think Lite can be great for most of home users, it has all the basic features:
  • AI-powered scanner
  • application control & whitelisting
  • cloud-based multi-engine scanner

Essentials adds:
  • Create your central whitelists and approve whitelist requests
  • Receive email notification when a machine gets infected
  • Password protected settings
  • Customize trusted users/groups

Pro adds:
  • Customize detection features by changing application whitelisting modes and SecureAge APEX sensitivity
  • Add and remove policies to different users/groups
  • Gain access to command line rules, configure the process protector, USB storage whitelisting and more
  • Add-on optional offline anti-virus powered by Avira
News from Wilders SecureAPlus Freemium
The real time component for the Lite version:
- Application Whitelisting
- APEX (low sensitivity only)
You still can use UAV (Universal AV) for Full System Scan, but not for real-time scanning

So, it's the condition @harlan4096 uses in his tests
EDIT: apart from APEX sensitivity (low in the Lite version instead of medium in harlan4096's tests)

Last edited:

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
News from Wilders SecureAPlus Freemium
You still can use UAV (Universal AV) for Full System Scan, but not for real-time scanning

So, it's the condition @harlan4096 uses in his tests

@harlan4096
Just to clarify, you use APEX at medium in the hub right?

/W

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
I did just test APEX at low settings against 338 malware that APEX medium did wipe out completely.
On low setting it did leave 2 samples, just a quick test, nothing serious, you be the judge.

My personal view on this is that on low settings, I prefer to use it as a companion to for example WD/ConfigureDefender.

/W

military

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 13, 2012
Hello!
New License Plan:
Freemium License - Essentials License (USD19.99)
Perpetual Freemium License - 3-Years Pro License (USD54.00) then switch to Lite / Free
It seems to me, or is it not very honest? Why not without 3-Years Pro License, but with Perpetual Essentials?

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Hello!
New License Plan:
Freemium License - Essentials License (USD19.99)
Perpetual Freemium License - 3-Years Pro License (USD54.00) then switch to Lite / Free
It seems to me, or is it not very honest? Why not without 3-Years Pro License, but with Perpetual Essentials?

If I'm understanding the launch details correctly, what looked like a good deal @ old Premium price of 19.99/yr. will now be 29.99/yr. Still reasonable but an increase nonetheless. Or one could order now for the pre-launch special. Is this the new "must have" security solution?

sap

From SecureAge
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Does SecureAPlus register as antivirus in Windows Security Center if offline AV is not installed?
If offline AV is not installed, it will not register as antivirus in Windows Security Center.
By default SecureAPlus comes with APEX as the offline AV. If you turn off the real-time scanning, it will be unregistered as antivirus from Windows Security Center.

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
They basically murdered the free version with these changes. There is literally no point in using it now as it's so... lacking.
Yes, I agree. I was most likely going to use it until I found out about these changes.

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
They basically murdered the free version with these changes. There is literally no point in using it now as it's so... lacking.
I respectfully don't agree :)
On @harlan4096 tests SAP doesn't perform bad and it's basically the Lite version (whitelisting + APEX, even if on medium sensitivity instead of low).
If you add NVT SysHardener and/or OSArmor, you should be fine :)

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
If offline AV is not installed, it will not register as antivirus in Windows Security Center.
By default SecureAPlus comes with APEX as the offline AV. If you turn off the real-time scanning, it will be unregistered as antivirus from Windows Security Center.

@sap, What about using the "Register as antivirus" option?
Or is that removed in Lite?

/W

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
In the Lite version you won't have the Universal AV in realtime, so in my opinion APEX should be used in realtime, thus SAP will register in Windows Security Center :)
Yes, I know Universial AV is not realtime, I was more thinking of using APEX as a companion for another AV by using the slider Register as antivirus to off.
Or on, if you want APEX alone.

/W

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

SecureAPlus 6.0.0 is out now

Whats’s New:
  • New Theme, SecureAPlus 2019. New Theme will only be used either for the first-time installation or if the current theme is the default theme.
  • Added a new script interpreter: Microsoft.Workflow.Compiler.exe, extension: .xoml.
  • Added APEX version in the About section.
  • New picture for SecureAPlus Essentials and Pro.
  • A mechanism to revert to auto-scaling if the user accidentally chooses a scale that is too large to fit into their display Resolution.
  • Added script settings: Interpreter: python.exe, extension: .py
    • Added script settings: interpreter: inetinfo.exe, extensions: asp, and .aspx
    • Added a new log to record blocked files (C:\ProgramData\SecureAge Technology\SecureAge\log\Blocked.log).
    • Added HexFrame.exe in the restricted application list.
    • When the user enters the license code, and the computer is offline, it will do offline activation.
    • ClamAV 0.101.4.
    • Added Command line rule: mshta.exe – Starts with http – Let the user decide.
Bug Fixes:
  • APEX Sensitivity Bar did not resize properly when the scaling set to 150%.
  • Manual scanner crashed when there is no internet connection.
  • The word AntiVirus Engine was cut off in the Universal AV settings, Engines.
Modifications:
  • Column header size was adjusted for Quarantine & History, so that it fits German texts.
  • License Extension changed to Purchase License.
  • Extend Freemium changed to Purchase Essentials, and its link updated.
  • Purchase Premium changed to Purchase Pro, and its link updated.
  • Change LockCube button to SecureAge.
  • The new default theme will be named as SecureAPlus 2019, and the old default theme will be named as Classic theme.
  • Remove Google+
  • Updated traditional Polish, Japanese, Chinese and simplified Chinese translation.
  • False positive detection improved for Universal AV full system scan.
  • Set c:\windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe as a trusted installer.
  • Improve blocked file notification for an untrusted user account.
  • Improve SecureAPlus updater.
  • Text changes:
    • If you require to access this file, please contact your system administrator.
      changed to
      If you require to access this file, please contact your help desk or IT Support.
The file is blocked because it is not in the whitelist.
changed to
The file is blocked.
  • Do not show this dialog any more until sign out.
    changed to
    Do not show this dialog any more until sign out from Windows.

With best Regards
Mops21

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.