Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

SecureAPlus 5.3.7 is out now

Here are the details for the changes.

Bugs fixed:
- Clicked on hold on "Extend Freemium" and "Purchase Premium" will caused the button background turned into transparent.
- Hang when installed on XP machine.

Modifications:
- Change default theme name from "Default" to "Classic"
- Change dash line border when hovering to a button, to a solid line.

With best Regards
Mops21

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

SecureAPlus 5.3.8 is out now

Whats’s New:

Added an extra log file to record any blocking activity.

Bug Fixes:

APEX Model version showing the value 0.0

Modifications:

• Automatically filter off Universal AV result that most likely is to be false positive.

• If there is any untrusted file during boot-up, and the file can be trusted by the digital signature (depending on the settings), SecureAPlus will automatically trust the file without prompting.

With best Regards
Mops21

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

SecureAPlus 5.4.0 is out now

Whats’s New:
  • ClamAV 0.101.3
Bug Fixes:
  • If there is no internet connection, the Full System Scan button will disappear when it is clicked in the “View UAV Status.”
  • Hover button background color is the same as the icon color, which causes the icon to be invisible (This bug started from SecureAPlus version 5.3.8)
  • When moving blocked file dialog for a non-trusted account user, there will be double line appearing at the bottom of the dialog.
  • SAScanner.exe crashed on some occasions.
  • The typo: “You account is not in the trusted account list…” was corrected to: “Your account is not in the trusted account list…”

With best Regards
Mops21

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
UA= Universial AV I presume?

For all that are interested, I run APEX alone with the whitelisting feature, and APEX is a killer engine.
I do not know for sure, but I must have hit it with a couple of thousands zero-day malware the last month without a single miss!

It could be that I only have one source of malware, and that APEX AI/ML have learned all there is about these variants of samples.

What do you say harlan4096, fancy taking it for a spin with your batches of malware?
Maybe some of the other guys over att the testing hub can try it out as well?

/W

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
UA= Universial AV I presume?

For all that are interested, I run APEX alone with the whitelisting feature, and APEX is a killer engine.
I do not know for sure, but I must have hit it with a couple of thousands zero-day malware the last month without a single miss!

It could be that I only have one source of malware, and that APEX AI/ML have learned all there is about these variants of samples.

What do you say harlan4096, fancy taking it for a spin with your batches of malware?
Maybe some of the other guys over att the testing hub can try it out as well?

/W
Maybe it was a fluke but when about 35 engines detected the Robin Hood ransomware that was used on the attack on City of Baltimore the Apex engine was marked as having no detection{Virus Total results}Not sure to trust as a standalone ,hope to see test results as well gl

Reactions: oldschool

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Is everything.exe suppose to be disabled at startup if automatic scan is turned off in secure settings? everything .exe is still running in processes though, this is just startup.Thks

Reactions: oldschool

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

I get an email from SecureAPlus

Dear SecureAPlus User,

We initially launched SecureAPlus back in 2014. It looked crude, like something out of the early 2000s, but we strongly believed it was a powerful tool to protect PCs against malware because it did what many others didn’t – it put you back in control.

Five years later, SecureAPlus has evolved into a multi-layered PC security solution with its own AI-powered engine. We even have a mobile app now!

SecureAPlus is where it is today because of you – the early adopter. And yes, we’re counting all of our users to date as early adopters because we are relaunching SecureAPlus with some exciting changes. Simply put, it’s the best security upgrade for any PC with or without an anti-Virus.

As thanks to our early adopters, we are upgrading all existing non-expired licenses to paid versions of SecureAPlus when we launch on 25 September. Those with expired or expiring licenses will be converted to SecureAPlus Lite which is now free forever.

As an existing Premium User (our records show you haven’t used it), your license will be upgraded to Pro (worth $29.99 per year) once we relaunch. No extra steps, just a straight-up upgrade for going Premium prior to the Relaunch.

I do hope that you start taking advantage of the many Pro features soon.

You can click here to find out what’s new with the relaunch.

I sincerely hope that you make full use of the early adopter perks prior to our relaunch. We’re confident that SecureAPlus is now better than ever and we’d like you to take full advantage of that in the years to come.

Best,
Dr. Ngair Teow-Hin
CEO, SecureAge Technology

P.S. Hit “reply” if you have any questions ;)
If you no longer want to be contacted by SecureAge Technology, click here.

With best Regards
Mops21

RodM1956

Level 4
Verified
Feb 1, 2019
So in English, what does this mean, and how is it better than other mainline products like kaspersky, F-Secure ETC

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
Hi all

I get an email from SecureAPlus

Dear SecureAPlus User,

We initially launched SecureAPlus back in 2014. It looked crude, like something out of the early 2000s, but we strongly believed it was a powerful tool to protect PCs against malware because it did what many others didn’t – it put you back in control.

Five years later, SecureAPlus has evolved into a multi-layered PC security solution with its own AI-powered engine. We even have a mobile app now!

SecureAPlus is where it is today because of you – the early adopter. And yes, we’re counting all of our users to date as early adopters because we are relaunching SecureAPlus with some exciting changes. Simply put, it’s the best security upgrade for any PC with or without an anti-Virus.

As thanks to our early adopters, we are upgrading all existing non-expired licenses to paid versions of SecureAPlus when we launch on 25 September. Those with expired or expiring licenses will be converted to SecureAPlus Lite which is now free forever.

As an existing Premium User (our records show you haven’t used it), your license will be upgraded to Pro (worth $29.99 per year) once we relaunch. No extra steps, just a straight-up upgrade for going Premium prior to the Relaunch.

I do hope that you start taking advantage of the many Pro features soon.

You can click here to find out what’s new with the relaunch.

I sincerely hope that you make full use of the early adopter perks prior to our relaunch. We’re confident that SecureAPlus is now better than ever and we’d like you to take full advantage of that in the years to come.

Best,
Dr. Ngair Teow-Hin
CEO, SecureAge Technology

P.S. Hit “reply” if you have any questions ;)
If you no longer want to be contacted by SecureAge Technology, click here.

With best Regards
Mops21
This is really great :) SecureAPlus Lite may become my main AV :)
I think Lite can be great for most of home users, it has all the basic features:
  • AI-powered scanner
  • application control & whitelisting
  • cloud-based multi-engine scanner

Essentials adds:
  • Create your central whitelists and approve whitelist requests
  • Receive email notification when a machine gets infected
  • Password protected settings
  • Customize trusted users/groups

Pro adds:
  • Customize detection features by changing application whitelisting modes and SecureAge APEX sensitivity
  • Add and remove policies to different users/groups
  • Gain access to command line rules, configure the process protector, USB storage whitelisting and more
  • Add-on optional offline anti-virus powered by Avira

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.