Not that I'm aware of.Anyone else getting delayed alerts?
It's almost 10:55 PM now and I just got the alert, while I was quoted at 4:20 PM (no pun intended)
.
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Not that I'm aware of.Anyone else getting delayed alerts?
It's almost 10:55 PM now and I just got the alert, while I was quoted at 4:20 PM (no pun intended)
.
Are you running Avast free because according to your screenshot it slows down the connection![]()
Probably a glitch, haven't seen this again.Not that I'm aware of.
This is normal. Websites uses cookie to remember your web browser so you don't have to enter 2FA code again and again. If you delete website's cookies, you'll be asked to enter 2FA code again. You can try opening MalwareTips in incognito tab and signing in there.I am not sure if this is the place to ask this, so if not, sorry.
Since yesterday I am trying out KeepassXC as my main password manager. (Including the extension in Brave and FF.) And today I am trying some sites to see if the extension works. Just now I tried it here on MT, and it works as intended. However, normally after logging in, I always had to use Aegis for the 2FA while logging in. But not today. When I first logged out and then back in with KeepassXC, the username and password got filled up. When I clicked on the confirm button, I suddenly did not have to use a verification code from Aegis?
Is this normal when using KeepassXC, or could it be something else?
This is normal. Websites uses cookie to remember your web browser so you don't have to enter 2FA code again and again. If you delete website's cookies, you'll be asked to enter 2FA code again. You can try opening MalwareTips in incognito tab and signing in there.
Adding to what @Marko :) said, you can also uncheck the box where it says to "Trust this device for 30 days", and it will always ask for 2FA code the next time you login.I am not sure if this is the place to ask this, so if not, sorry.
Since yesterday I am trying out KeepassXC as my main password manager. (Including the extension in Brave and FF.) And today I am trying some sites to see if the extension works. Just now I tried it here on MT, and it works as intended. However, normally after logging in, I always had to use Aegis for the 2FA while logging in. But not today. When I first logged out and then back in with KeepassXC, the username and password got filled up. When I clicked on the confirm button, I suddenly did not have to use a verification code from Aegis?
Is this normal when using KeepassXC, or could it be something else?
Adding to what @Marko :) said, you can also uncheck the box where it says to "Trust this device for 30 days", and it will always ask for 2FA code the next time you login.
View attachment 285318
It's virtually useless.
It's given that response a couple of times over the last couple of days. Not sure what's going on.
You may be right, here's another recent bot post.I was under impression that @Bot is offline. That little liar, you can not even trust bots these days.![]()
malwaretips.com
Maybe cleaning lady unplugged him because she needed a power outlet for a vacuum cleaner.It's given that response a couple of times over the last couple of days. Not sure what's going on.
Is in therapy sessions as we speakIt looks like his brain is disconnected.
If that's the case, maybe we should get rid of it temporary. Now pretty much every new thread has Bot message that it can't connect to ChatGPT.Malicious actors have re-purposed him, and he's now being used to spread false information about U.S. elections. At least he's good for something?![]()
![]()
YES! I keep losing myself in threads because that's missing.@Jack please put a "New posts" link on each thread page.

Hey @silversurfer@Jack
Please could you add the Thread-tag "Guide | How to" (as we can use here: Guides - Privacy & Security Tips) also to be selectable as thread-tag even for forum sections like "Browsers" and "General Apps" maybe also for other forum sections...
View attachment 285516
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes