Battle Trend Micro Maximum Security vs Emsisoft Antimalware vs Bitdefender Total Security

Garzaman

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 14, 2017
Hi friends :)

I am comparing the different offers that Black Friday brings and, discarded Kaspersky (it does not have good offers for my country, I have only seen them for Canada and USA, here 5 devices 89.95 €) and I have decided to buy one of these three products:
  • Trend Micro Maximum Security: 5 devices 29.95 $
  • Bitdefender Total Security: 5 devices 33.95$
  • Emsisoft Antimalware: 5 devices 49.88 €
Bitdefender is the only one that brings its own firewall, I like that, all three have an excellent BB, so for me it is difficult to decide.

Please, I need your tips.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: I have repeated the Bitdefender field, please, if this is your choice, vote for the one that is located in the first place until a moderator can repair my error.

@harlan4096 , thanks for your help :)

Last edited:

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
You cannot go wrong at any of this choices you mention. If i were to choose between such products, without caring about system performance because of great hardware, i'd go all in and bet for BitDefender. I find it very mistake-proof and can really lock down your system compared to the other two options. A disadvantage i may highlight is the resource consuming.

Anyways, in all three options you will find a great behaviour blocker and real-time protection.

Another great thing to highlight is Emsisoft's quick and efficient support for any matter. As well, i find Emsisoft very light to regular users. Despite its RAM consuming, which doesn't really matter nor mark a difference on the performance, it doesn't actually reflect on the system usage. Nevertheless, I personally find the product a little buggy, which made me drop it about a year ago.

As for Trend Micro, I could only hear great things, and tests support my opinion. Offers a great protection despite user's actions.

Just choose whatever fits your system the best and remember nothing is unbeatable if the user has the Happy Clicker 2017 reward.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Nah....I'm not a bad boy..so it's ok ;)

Even if you are squeaky clean, you don't want the criminals in the CIA into your stuff. Trust me on that. Besides, Trend is the easiest product to backdoor by far, check the Hacker Deterrent thread here and see how when I had Trend installed it's update channel was compromised and I was served a forged Trend Core Service process.

Trend is.. Quite simply.. GARBAGE. Even worse, their threat labs are merged with the CIA and CIA Contractor Booz Allen Hamilton. We all know what scumbags those guys are, right?

Hackers Tear Apart Trend Micro, Find 200 Vulnerabilities In Just 6 Months

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
What was the bug you encountered?
Incompatibility bugs mostly with drivers made in Argentina (country made laptop). Some threads I made about problems with Emsisoft.

Need Help - Blackscreen when booting

Need Help - Can't connect to the internet

Have to disable firewall to be able to connect to WiFi

It always seemed to have problems with my system and most of the times not even reinstall would fix. Most of the times it was related to the firewall. Ended up dropping it.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Sorry wrong thread...

Attachments

• 2017-11-25 (2).png
    2017-11-25 (2).png
    46.8 KB · Views: 341
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Bit Defender has always been plagued with bugs. I could never use it and quit buying it years ago after playing the constant install, have problems, uninstall game with them. I prefer products that use their signatures but don't come bundled with their bugs. Last year when I tried Bit Defender their firewall throttled by 1000/1000Mbps connection down to 180Mbps... Pathetic. Uninstalled, never looked back.

JChris

Level 1
Verified
Oct 1, 2017
Bit Defender has always been plagued with bugs. I could never use it and quit buying it years ago after playing the constant install, have problems, uninstall game with them. I prefer products that use their signatures but don't come bundled with their bugs. Last year when I tried Bit Defender their firewall throttled by 1000/1000Mbps connection down to 180Mbps... Pathetic. Uninstalled, never looked back.

This is exactly what I felt. This thing was so bad that even changing the Windows volume using my mouse buttons was affected. I could feel the milliseconds of delay between the click and the change on screen... and yes, I'm that crazy, I wasted some good minutes clicking up/down on the mouse and checking the screen to see the changes, and could easily see the delay. After I removed this trash from my PC, it magically went back to normal.

Bitdefender no more, and I will be sure to tell all my friends and co-workers about the mess that this thing is!!!

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
Out of the 3 : emsisoft , because of the reasons
allready stated by others above me : great tech support , good b.b. , fairly easy on system recources. At least at the time i used it. Trend is also extremly light on system recources, because it is full cloud based. It does make use of a Windows firewall booster. Bitdefender comes with tons of extra tools and what not , that might fall under the bloat category. It als notorius for Being heavy on systemresources, as well as Being a brake on webbrowsing and it is buggy. If it where up to me , i would go for emsi if you insist on Paying for a security product.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.