VoodooShield discussion

VoodooShield
1,594 Replies 436,211 Views
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reg hack took care of the autostart, but in Event Viewer I still get VS error.

Service cannot be started. System.Exception: StartProcessAsCurrentUser: GetSessionUserToken failed.
at VoodooShieldService.ProcessExtensions.StartProcessAsCurrentUser(String appPath, String cmdLine, String workDir, Boolean visible)
at VoodooShieldService.VoodooShieldService.OnStart(String[] args)
at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(Object state)


I tried this with Automatic and Automatic (Delayed Start) with the same result. With the reg hack the service does start, but the Event Viewer error is present.
 

Attachments

  • 2017-09-04_10h12_35.png
    2017-09-04_10h12_35.png
    55.2 KB · Views: 628
I didn't get any self start either, and I found it really slowed my machine down when it was up and running.
 
Can't open link in Google Chrome from Outlook 2016. Rules (maybe too complicated for me) don't stick.
After a reboot i'm back to the free version and registration doen't work anymore.
Back to version 3.59 for now.
 
I have fixed a lot of the bugs that have been reported and that are in the error reporting system... just a few more to go then I will release the next version. Probably sometime in the next day or so.

If VS 4.0 is not running properly, please uninstall all versions of VS, then reboot the computer and reinstall.

Also, VS 4.0 should be much, much faster than 3.59... if it is not, you might disable the scanning of child processes and see if that fixes the issue for now.
 
I have fixed a lot of the bugs that have been reported and that are in the error reporting system... just a few more to go then I will release the next version. Probably sometime in the next day or so.

If VS 4.0 is not running properly, please uninstall all versions of VS, then reboot the computer and reinstall.

Also, VS 4.0 should be much, much faster than 3.59... if it is not, you might disable the scanning of child processes and see if that fixes the issue for now.
Dan, do these bugs also include not being able to open a link in Outlook with Google Chrome without being prompted to create a rule?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top