VoodooShield discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
The reg hack took care of the autostart, but in Event Viewer I still get VS error.

Service cannot be started. System.Exception: StartProcessAsCurrentUser: GetSessionUserToken failed.
at VoodooShieldService.ProcessExtensions.StartProcessAsCurrentUser(String appPath, String cmdLine, String workDir, Boolean visible)
at VoodooShieldService.VoodooShieldService.OnStart(String[] args)
at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(Object state)

I tried this with Automatic and Automatic (Delayed Start) with the same result. With the reg hack the service does start, but the Event Viewer error is present.

Attachments

• 2017-09-04_10h12_35.png
    2017-09-04_10h12_35.png
    55.2 KB · Views: 460

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
I also got no self startup for v4.0 I just start it up myself for now.Registration sticks ,but had to uninstall old version 3.59b

Reactions: frogboy

russ0408

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jul 28, 2013
I didn't get any self start either, and I found it really slowed my machine down when it was up and running.

Peter2150

Level 7
Verified
Oct 24, 2015
I've tried several of the fixes suggested, but I still can't get the registration to take. Neither would the free.

j9ksf

Level 1
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
I had to uninstall 3.59b and re-install 4.00b before VS would run properly.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Can't open link in Google Chrome from Outlook 2016. Rules (maybe too complicated for me) don't stick.
After a reboot i'm back to the free version and registration doen't work anymore.
Back to version 3.59 for now.

Reactions: frogboy and shmu26

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
I have fixed a lot of the bugs that have been reported and that are in the error reporting system... just a few more to go then I will release the next version. Probably sometime in the next day or so.

If VS 4.0 is not running properly, please uninstall all versions of VS, then reboot the computer and reinstall.

Also, VS 4.0 should be much, much faster than 3.59... if it is not, you might disable the scanning of child processes and see if that fixes the issue for now.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I have fixed a lot of the bugs that have been reported and that are in the error reporting system... just a few more to go then I will release the next version. Probably sometime in the next day or so.

If VS 4.0 is not running properly, please uninstall all versions of VS, then reboot the computer and reinstall.

Also, VS 4.0 should be much, much faster than 3.59... if it is not, you might disable the scanning of child processes and see if that fixes the issue for now.
Dan, do these bugs also include not being able to open a link in Outlook with Google Chrome without being prompted to create a rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.