It still also looses registration at times, but were here for ya DanBTW I did log out either by restart or Shutdown. In both case right now VS worked fine. But as I said randomly it does not, though now VS service always autostart.
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
It still also looses registration at times, but were here for ya DanBTW I did log out either by restart or Shutdown. In both case right now VS worked fine. But as I said randomly it does not, though now VS service always autostart.
Like if you start the computer and there is no password, so your computer comes up straight to the desktop. VS will not start because you did not enter a password. At this point, do not start VS... just log out and log back in, and VS will start.Dan you mean exit VS then start it up again, or restart computer?
No Password user here.
Edit:
You meant log out from computer off course.
Very cool, yeah, please send me the logs from that error either way, thank you!I had this at reboot of a virgin install of VS 4.03b:
View attachment 167145
After that I removed VS again, (from files, registry ect.)
I reinstalled and all is cool now, if this happens again I will Email you the logs. PeAcE Mr.B![]()
Like if you start the computer and there is no password, so your computer comes up straight to the desktop. VS will not start because you did not enter a password. At this point, do not start VS... just log out and log back in, and VS will start.
Hehehe, we are getting thereIt still also looses registration at times, but were here for ya Dan![]()
It looks like it is from Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience, which must be a relatively new command line that is not yet hardwired in.vs blocked this command automatically!
c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe startupscan.dll,susruntask
I wanna know why is that?
Yeah, I am sure that is what the issue is. I think I already have it fixed, but I just want to test it a little more, and fix any other potential bugs that people have mentioned, or that will appear the next day or so, and then release 4.04. After that, there still might be a small bug or two, but I think 4.05 will pretty much wrap it up. For the next month or so, there will be a few small bugs here and there, but I will be able to see them in the error reporting system, and fix them on the fly. So hopefully, in a month or two, VS will be 100% bug free. VS 3.59 was pretty darn stable, but I am certain that if we had the error reporting system for it... there would be some small bugsDan
It look like you are getting somewhere. After a missed autostart, by logging out and back VS did start.
Yeah, I am sure that is what the issue is.
Then design an option like submit it to voodoo shield So you can decide about them.Command Line cloud feature
Hi Dan, I installed 4.03b over de top of 3.59. Will let you know if I run into any issues.Hey guys, here is 4.03… if you are running 3.59 or 4.02, you should be able to install over the top. If you are running 4.00 or 4.01, you really need to uninstall VS, click “yes” when it asks you if you want to delete the settings and log files, then reboot the computer, then install 4.03.
I temporarily slowed down the VS startup slightly… I am not sure if you guys will notice it or not, but once this final startup bug is resolved, I will be sure to change it back. I added logging to the startup code to see why VS is not starting for some users.
There is a small chance that the startup issue is fixed, but if not, the extra logging should guide us in the right direction.
Also, after Sunshine-boy mentioned the blacklist scan not being available everywhere, I started to look into this a little more. I noticed that there were quite a few small bugs when the blacklist scan was disabled, so I believe those are all now fixed, but if you guys see anything, please let me know. But really, if the blacklist scan is not available, there is not much I can do on my end… but really, if you simply disable the blacklist scan and rely on VoodooAi, you should be in great shape. I probably would not keep VS on AutoPilot if you disable the blacklist scanner, unless you are running a great AV along with VS. Actually, AutoPilot is not really designed to be used on a daily basis, even with the blacklist and VoodooAi enabled… if you ask me, the computer needs to be locked when it is at risk .
But if you were really wanting to run on AutoPilot, a rule or a few rules might be very, very handy in this situation… maybe something like (I am sure we can come up with something better than this):
Block All files on My Computer when VoodooShield is AUTOPILOT
If VoodooAi is greater than or equal to 33.
I am not sure if you guys have noticed, but VoodooAi has become amazingly accurate the last 6-9 months, and it is only going to get better as it goes. Usually when I am analyzing and testing malware or potential false positives, I take 3 factors into consideration. 1. The overall blacklist scan results, 2. VoodooAi, 3. Cuckoo Sandbox. A lot of times they all 3 agree, so the sample is either obviously benign or obviously malware. But when one of these 3 analysis do not agree with the other 2, from my experience, VoodooAi typically does not let me down… although it can be wrong from time to time.
Then again, if VoodooAi (or any other malware engine) were perfect, there would not be a need for VS .
And the false positives are now at an all-time minimum… just go to any download type site and try it for yourself. But the reason I bring this up is that new technologies need a little time to improve and mature. So for example, I am really excited to see what happens with the new rules feature a year from now.
There were a lot of other bug fixes and changes in this version… I think we are getting close.
http://www.voodooshield.com/Download/beta4/InstallVoodooShield403beta.exe
Thank you guys for letting me know about the BD FP… I submitted a FP with them. In all fairness, there is live malware on our Cuckoo Sandbox site… I am surprised it took 3 or so years for anyone to notice .
BTW, thank you guys for all of your input, and responses… If I had time to respond to each one, I would, but as you know, things are kind of crazy right now . After we track down these last couple of bugs, we will be in great shape though. I do read everything though, and I really appreciate your help!
Hey, Does voodooshield have some Behavior blocker?
Yeah, I was also kind of taken by surprise by that one.You don't recommend autopilot mode, but I was using it for quite some time
Hehehe, VS is all about locking the computer when it is at risk... and I have mentioned this sooooooo many times.Yeah, I was also kind of taken by surprise by that one.
Maybe this is new advice for version 4?
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes