Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I'm very glad to hear that. My hat off for Dan's VS :D
Thanks (y) The only problem I had today that VS had to be set in disable / install mode before I could successfully update Google Chrome to its latest version.
But that has nothing to do with being compatible with the Fall Creators Update.

gorblimey

Level 2
Verified
Aug 30, 2017
I saw the exact same behavior when I unticked "Automatically allow from Program Files folders".

I'll give it a burl. It only really matters when I close Cobbler (an encrypted container, Sven Faw), as that launches a child of itself to wipe the memory when you close it. I think any performance gap there could be embarrassing :sick:

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
In the latest build I have a problem when I try to whitelist a screensaver that has been blocked automatically while I was away.
When I try to allow in the user log VS crashes, when the screensaver try to start, the screen goes black and no way to return to desktop.
I did clear the user log to see if I can catch this before it gets blocked again.
The screensaver is Dreamaquarium, Dream Aquarium - The World's Most Amazing Virtual Aquarium for your PC or Mac!
Maybe this is isolated to the above screensaver, I did not test other screensavers.
EDIT! I solved this partially, as I still cant whitelist it in the log section, but I did put VS in training mode when the screensaver activated, problem solved.
/W

Last edited:
P

plat1098

Windows 10 16299.19/VS 4.08 beta, does anyone see this also? I clicked "Allow" since VS validated its signature but since the message is unfamiliar to me, would appreciate some info. Didn't seem to do anything on the surface.

vs alert.png

Edit: Testing HMP Alert 718 beta using dism command and VS prompts to allow or block dism exe. This should have been whitelisted already, yes?

Last edited by a moderator:

softie15

Level 2
Verified
Oct 18, 2017
I was directed to post my question here...

I think there is a wrong version reported by VoodooShield website. If you google VoodooShield download, you get 2 top links as following:

(1) Download VoodooShield™

It leads to download page which says it's version 2.22. Subject of the page is "Download VoodooShield™ 2.22 - Free for Non-Commercial Use!"

(2) VoodooShield™ - The User-Friendly Toggling Computer Lock.

It leads to home page of VoodooShield and if I click on Download link at the top it leads to a section claiming I am downloading version 3.59.

I think both download the same file. Not sure which version though - as I have not installed it yet...

Best

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
My firewall is blocking infrequent VS outbound attempts to IP 104.24.123.20 (CloudFlare). Any harm in that?

EDIT1: add to that 23.73.171.156

Last edited:
Reactions: vtqhtr413

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
Windows 10 16299.19/VS 4.08 beta, does anyone see this also? I clicked "Allow" since VS validated its signature but since the message is unfamiliar to me, would appreciate some info. Didn't seem to do anything on the surface.

View attachment 170182

Edit: Testing HMP Alert 718 beta using dism command and VS prompts to allow or block dism exe. This should have been whitelisted already, yes?
Yes same just a different file of course.
Capture.PNG
Disregarded for the time being to be safe.

Edit:
In my case the file appear to be from a leftover of some kind, cannot find it.
I delete all temporary files, included previous version of W 10 (upgraded yesterday to Fall Creators).
Clean restart and no warning.

Last edited:

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
View attachment 170254
I was directed to post my question here...

I think there is a wrong version reported by VoodooShield website. If you google VoodooShield download, you get 2 top links as following:

(1) Download VoodooShield™

It leads to download page which says it's version 2.22. Subject of the page is "Download VoodooShield™ 2.22 - Free for Non-Commercial Use!"

(2) VoodooShield™ - The User-Friendly Toggling Computer Lock.

It leads to home page of VoodooShield and if I click on Download link at the top it leads to a section claiming I am downloading version 3.59.

I think both download the same file. Not sure which version though - as I have not installed it yet...

Best
I would say that even if you downloaded an earlier version than 3.59, after installation you can update to latest version via setting.
3.PNG
By the way
(2) VoodooShield™ - The User-Friendly Toggling Computer Lock. option you listed take you to the latest 3.59 stable version.

Last edited:

softie15

Level 2
Verified
Oct 18, 2017
Thanks, VecchioScarpone

Upon further investigation, both links actually download latest version (3.59). The issue is just that the page appears to have outdated text, referring to version 2.22. I reported it to Dan (thanks to a poster on the original thread I had started on this here).

boredog

Level 9
Verified
Jul 5, 2016

View attachment 170182

I see this from time to time and it never made sense to me. How is it checking the sig if it can't file the file in the first place?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
@danb
Ok had a strange issue today, I had an issue where I installed Winja 4.1 (new installer)
and it would not start, so I immediately take a peek under the hood to see what the hold up is.
First thing I notice is VS is blue and I have nothing but the Winja Installer active, so I open up VS and look and it is showing FireFox as active. Seeing I don't have the browser open I look in Process Lasso Fig 1, then I open Taskmanager Fig 2, And VS still will not deactivate in Smart mode because it thinks or is stuck on a non existent FF ghost process.
I also looked in Process Lasso under "Active Processes" and still no "Mozilla" or "FireFox"
Ok not too bad a small thing, I go to remove the WInja Zip from the installer DL from my desktop and I can not drag it, it wont move, the installer and the Zip are there, so next I go to remove the installer too, and it will not budge.
I open Services and kill the VS service and disable it and use process Lasso to nuke VS, after that all went back to normal.
Is this all simply from VS not realizing FF had closed ? For now I am leaving VS asleep.
See SS below:
SS_Oct19th.png

PS, and my memory seems to be cut in half ?
EDIT, found that issue, and got it fixed (the memory)

@Jack or @Exterminator
I am not getting notifications here on the site of new posts for this thread. and I am subscribed and have it set to notify me here not by email, I have not gotten any for 2 to 3 days ?

Last edited:

gorblimey

Level 2
Verified
Aug 30, 2017
I saw the exact same behavior when I unticked

I ticked it, but it seems to have made no difference at all. OK, a little... VS pinged SuRun twice in my user acct.. I won't go as far as @shmu26 yet, I'm inclined to call this version "overzealous" rather than a bug :cautious:. I do feel that if programs have been whitelisted, there should be no delay in launching them.

Other than overzealous behaviour, this 4.08 looks quite good. I've loaded VS3.59 onto the daughter's lappy with Zemana and M B A M (is there a way of telling this forum to NOT expand this acronym?) after showing Avast the door, and if she can take the stress using AutotPilot I may put 4.xx in there.

Now all we need is per-user settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.