VoodooShield discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
I keep forgetting things too. How did you fix it? :)
Is this a good memory reading?
Capture.PNG :unsure:

Reactions: Venustus

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Hey everyone… here is 4.09. The two main issues fixed in this version are:

1. The 32 bit bug should be fixed
2. I think most of the unnecessary blocks that people were experiencing were command line blocks… this should be fixed as well.

https://www.voodooshield.co/Download/InstallVoodooShield409beta.exe

Thank you everyone, have a great weekend, talk to you soon!

BTW... the multi-user settings feature has been implemented since 4.00... it is under Settings / Utility... then it is the big ass button at the bottom ;).

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
Hey everyone… here is 4.09. The two main issues fixed in this version are:

1. The 32 bit bug should be fixed
2. I think most of the unnecessary blocks that people were experiencing were command line blocks… this should be fixed as well.

https://www.voodooshield.co/Download/InstallVoodooShield409beta.exe

Thank you everyone, have a great weekend, talk to you soon!

BTW... the multi-user settings feature has been implemented since 4.00... it is under Settings / Utility... then it is the big ass button at the bottom ;).
No issue to report after Fall Creators upgrade. Downloading 4.09 now.
Have a nice weekend too.;)
FYI
4.09 asked for registration on over the top installation.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Tried installing Voodooshield again from the website. Nope. Multi-user switching is definitely not in 3.59. Furthermore the installation prompt does not provide me with the option to install for all users. It goes straight to installing a version for a single user. Puzzled by the replies I got from the devs. Are we all talking about the same version?

Edit: Same for 4.0 beta. There is no option to install for all users....

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Tried installing Voodooshield again from the website. Nope. Multi-user switching is definitely not in 3.59. Furthermore the installation prompt does not provide me with the option to install for all users. It goes straight to installing a version for a single user. Puzzled by the replies I got from the devs. Are we all talking about the same version?

Edit: Same for 4.0 beta. There is no option to install for all users....
Sorry, I should explain this a little better... this feature is not part of the installation, it happens after VS is already installed. The button in Settings / Utility "Use individual settings for each user" is near the bottom. So basically, VS changes from AppData to ProgramData after the installation, if the user chooses to do this. And this only applies to settings... we could do this for the whitelist, command lines, etc. as well, but I think this way is better. That way, when one user allows an item, it is already allowed for all other users. FYI, 3.59 did not have this feature, I added it early on while coding 4.0... months before the initial beta release. I hope that makes sense, if not, please let me know, thank you!

gorblimey

Level 2
Verified
Aug 30, 2017
the multi-user settings feature has been implemented since 4.00

:notworthy:

That way, when one user allows an item, it is already allowed for all other users

Sounds good to me. So I'll set the minions' accounts to Auto-Pilot, while Admin and my account stay on Smart Mode. That way, mostly it will be VS (dis)allowing whatever, and the box stays pristine.

While I'm here, the logging of User Accounts is wonderful! Troubleshooting should be a walk in the park now!

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
lol, Dan was not kidding, there is no way to miss that big azz bar :)
Hehehe tru dat ;).

Truth is the only thing that is always a good thing.

At some point we really should start considering the possibility of calling a spade a spade (as CS would say). For a while I have talked about unknown malware, but yet we still believe the results from the big testing labs.

Shadowserver Foundation - AV - VirusMonthlyStats

BTW, I am happy that we are finally no longer focused on ransomware... lets get back to work ;).

Windows ransomware found to be incredibly rare | ZDNet

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
BTW
4.09 is faster on the mark than the past 3 or 4 betas.
VS 5 stable soon then? ;)
Thanks for this feedback brother, I will wake up VS and try it with this version. Dan didn't reply to my post with the FireFox issue, but maybe it is gone in this 4.09 build.

Reactions: VecchioScarpone

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Be my guest my friend. I hope 4.09 fires:devil: you up...he he
I know its lil off topic but I am glad your here even over at Wilders you made me laugh, a great addition to the MT community imho.
**And no, he did not pay me to say that,.
PS I will shoot you my PayPal info later, :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.