danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Hey guys,

Here is the latest. Baldrick found a bug in the Custom Folders feature that created a lot of unnecessary blocks, but that is fixed now. There are also a few more refinements to the Rules and other features. I think we are getting close, thank you guys!

VS 6.36
https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield636.exe
SHA-256: 44fdf0b2eb0c18e5ee9c57e08638cc9aee84e2f9bac8ea36617b046412ed71ec

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Got mail from @danb this morning.
New version 6.45 with new features, changes and language support (y)
Hey guys,

Here is the latest. There are quite a few new features and changes, including language support for…

bg-Bulgarian

zh-Chinese

cs-Czech

da-Danish

nl-Dutch

en-English

et-Estonian

fi-Finnish

fr-French

de-German

el-Greek

hu-Hungarian

it-Italian

ja-Japanese

lv-Latvian

lt-Lithuanian

pl-Polish

pt-Portuguese

pt-BR-Portuguese (Brazilian)

ro-Romanian

ru-Russian

sk-Slovak

sl-Slovenian

es-Spanish

sv-Swedish

VS 6.45

https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield645.exe

SHA-256: 86b8e9c45cbd706dd08fb2f7cd2228dea6dafc165ec80589b1732ba17741d516

There will be little bugs we will have to work out over the next couple of weeks, but they should many be cosmetic. The new Dark Mode feature will need to be refined as well. So far I have not updated the Settings window to use Dark Mode, but we may not want to… please let me know what you think we should do. We might even have a completely new design for the Settings window.

We have a new digital signature, so you might receive a Smart Screen warning, but this will work itself out quickly.

Have great weekend, thank you guys!

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Japanese is now supported! Thank you @danb !(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

I've been using my own interpretation of the English text and it's a huge help!:)

キャプチャ.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
Trying version 6.45 with F-Secure Safe. So far so good. I received a smart screen warning during installation...
I'm also using the two of those together without any issues yet. Off topic slightly - I'm not that impressed with the new SAFE GUI and SAFE seems slower since the update earlier today. VS on the other hand seems very responsive.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
What is everybody's opinion on the translations?
Really excited that it is translated in many languages (y)
And a good excuse to run VoodooShield again :D

I'm currently trying to help refining the Dutch translation.
It is okay and definitely usable, but there are some errors.

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
I use the French translation of VoodoosShield. When I did a right click on the icon, a part of the menu was in English and a part was in French. When I used the menu, it became in French after a while. In the menu, when I click on the help file to check how to use VS, the windows that appear are truncated and I cannot see the whole text.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
There was no problem with the Japanese translation because there was no unnatural use of words.
In addition to the text, I think that the relationship between the window and the number of characters can be a rather troublesome problem. I think that multilingualization of software is not a simple translation, but a task of understanding the content and replacing it with another short word. In that respect as well, I felt that the Japanese translation of vs was well organized.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I use the French translation of VoodoosShield. When I did a right click on the icon, a part of the menu was in English and a part was in French. When I used the menu, it became in French after a while. In the menu, when I click on the help file to check how to use VS, the windows that appear are truncated and I cannot see the whole text.
I hope @danb will read posts like this one.
Maybe attach a screenshot so that he can see the problem?
In the email he mentioned there could be some cosmetic bugs.

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
When the free version of VS 6.45 creates a prompt drawing my attention to the need to allow/block/sandbox a new action by an app/software the prompt now has a black background, formerly it has always been black text on a white background on all of the devices I've ever used VS on. I set my browsers to be in dark mode and I have a series of black and white photos that are my desktop background - the icons stand out well against this type of background. Windows Colours setting is 'Dark'. I kept missing the initial prompt by VS notifying me that action was required. I had not been paying much attention to the desktop shield previously, the prompt was enough to gain my attention, now the shield flashes and I notice that before the prompt with a dark background.

I cannot see any way of changing the background colour for that prompt. I'm guessing that VS now follows my settings for Windows - dark theme but it is now too well camouflaged for my tired eyes to notice. Is there any way to change the setting in VS that has escaped my attention? I've changed my desktop theme and background photos so that I see it for now, but I'd rather not have to keep those changes permanent. "Yes, I am currently working on language localizations and a new gui, and it will include a light / dark mode. It might be a couple of months though ;(." was mentioned in the thread at

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
When the free version of VS 6.45 creates a prompt drawing my attention to the need to allow/block/sandbox a new action by an app/software the prompt now has a black background, formerly it has always been black text on a white background on all of the devices I've ever used VS on. I set my browsers to be in dark mode and I have a series of black and white photos that are my desktop background - the icons stand out well against this type of background. Windows Colours setting is 'Dark'. I kept missing the initial prompt by VS notifying me that action was required. I had not been paying much attention to the desktop shield previously, the prompt was enough to gain my attention, now the shield flashes and I notice that before the prompt with a dark background.

I cannot see any way of changing the background colour for that prompt. I'm guessing that VS now follows my settings for Windows - dark theme but it is now too well camouflaged for my tired eyes to notice. Is there any way to change the setting in VS that has escaped my attention? I've changed my desktop theme and background photos so that I see it for now, but I'd rather not have to keep those changes permanent. "Yes, I am currently working on language localizations and a new gui, and it will include a light / dark mode. It might be a couple of months though ;(." was mentioned in the thread at

I have turned off dark mode in UI Tweaks.
Don't know if you have that option in the free version?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.