Advice Request Voodooshield Pro alternative?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

molhopicante

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 18, 2011
Hi.

Since i changed to W10, Voodooshield (Pro) slows down a lot my computer (a Core I5-4690K overclocked @ 4400MHz and 16GB RAM).

With W7 was OK.

So, i'm searching for a Voodoshield Pro alternative.

I read about OSArmor and Hard_Configurator but i'm not sure wich one to use.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Hi.

Since i changed to W10, Voodooshield (Pro) slows down a lot my computer (a Core I5-4690K overclocked @ 4400MHz and 16GB RAM).

With W7 was OK.

So, i'm searching for a Voodoshield Pro alternative.

I read about OSArmor and Hard_Configurator but i'm not sure wich one to use.
What AV are you using on Windows 10?
Simple Windows Hardening (basic simple version (no offence @Andy Ful ) could be a more user-friendly option for Hard_Configurator.
Both are highly recommended and have their own thread here:
OSArmor will be subscription based in the near future:
You may post your security config here: Computer Security Configuration for better advice.

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
VoodooShield REALLY should not slow your computer down, especially the latest version...

VS 5.97a beta
https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield597abeta.exe
SHA-256: 4d7622bf1e7f62b6214a82d9fe27350ce9d2a55f8a0f5d89d25830d5937f23b6

If you do continue to experience a slowdown, we need to look at the CPU, RAM and HDD usage, since those are the 3 components that are suspect during a computer slowdown. We actually have a utility called Bottleneck that will help you determine what might be the cause, you can download it here...

https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallBottleNeck.exe

As with some other security products, there are somewhat similar products in the deny-by-default space, but there are no direct replacements / alternatives to VS. Each product is unique and offers different features, and choosing the best product for you all depends on what your needs and wants are. VS's core features are listed on our website in the "How VoodooShield is Different" section.

One thing is certain... no matter what your security setup is, it will benefit greatly from adding VS's dynamic levels of protection / automatic toggling with risky web apps, and WLC's automatic creation of firewall rules for files that are not known to be safe, among several other features.

gorblimey

Level 2
Verified
Aug 30, 2017
Whichever way you jump, always remember: as with AVs, only ONE (1) white-lister at a time. Like AVs, they will fight with each other, then you WILL have a bottleneck!

Reactions: Dave Russo

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018

With W7 was OK.
No slowdown with VS here. Maybe it's the change from W7 --> W10 that you notice. If you insist on an alternative you might try SecureAPlus.

Reactions: Nevi and amico81

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.