ScandinavianFish

Level 7
Verified
Dec 12, 2021
Untitled.png

bobdoe

Level 2
Oct 10, 2020
Yep. It's either maintenance, updating, or they're gone.
The eternal optimist in me hopes they are updating but Im fully prepared for the latter possibility. I always got a good impression of @WiseVector from all his/their posts so to just cut and run doesnt seem to fit with how theyve conducted themselves up to now. That said, living under the Chinese regime must make life interesting so who knows what could be going on?

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 98186

Looks like WVSX is totaly dead
That statement is FUD. A company taking down its website is not automatically an indication that the product is dead. The freeware product is probably dead because the Wisevector owners know that there is no money in that consumer market and selling security software to home users requires a high support overhead expense.

Wisevector said that when they figure out what they are going to do with the product, then they will let the forum know. But they did say the new owners want to focus on enterprise for maximum profitability.

Everybody will have to wait-and-see what Wisevector decides.

ShenguiTurmi

Level 3
Well-known
Feb 28, 2023
This is very surprising because their Cloud servers still ping and it still detects malware well... (tested just now with a sample of RedLine Stealer)
I forward what WV said in their QQ group here:
WV1.png

"Since the company needs to transfer the server and re-send to the government for review (called beian in china), our official website will not be accessible from tomorrow, which will last for about ten days. Please know"
WV2.png

"The current model can still resist most viruses"
"You can regularly test the effect with the latest virus samples"

It seems that they are not 100% EOL:LOL:

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
ok safe to use? what components can we use or disable? Thks

It depends if you have another security solution.
If you have a simple antivirus (Microsoft Defender for example), you can use it on the side without any worries.
If you have a security suite, you can use it for scanning only (so disable all shields).

And yes, it is safe to use

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
If you have a simple antivirus (Microsoft Defender for example), you can use it on the side without any worries.
And yes, it is safe to use
Is MS Defender considered "simple" if win10 is also running H_C max? :unsure: & does it matter which version of wvsx, IIRC the older v without firewall is 2.76 and then latest with firewall, 3.07 -- I see @crulesister linked to 3.07 at majorgeeks.
EDIT2 now is @Shadowra answered this - I should read ALL new posts before I touch the keyboard :sick:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.